Energy from salt water

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, but we probably won't see any mass producible versions of this in the market until the relevant companies and such settle with their profit calculations

waaaa, he rock, although we don't know whether his invention can cure cancer or not, it still rock :D

I think the correct formulation would be:

Some crackpot claims that ...

It is now possible to convert salt water into heat (fire) by passing it thru a RF wave.
It seems that the output energy is more than the input!! The start of perpetual energy?

[vid]aGg0ATfoBgo[/vid]

It's the holy grail. An over-unity energy source.

But how much energy is required to generate the rf signal? And at what cost?

And the other thing I don't get is, if we break seawater into its hydrogen and oxygen components and these are consumed, burned off, what is replenishing the water back into the earth? Do we then have to find a way to create water to replenish the ocean? Or is there a natural method by Mother Nature that recombines hydrogen and oxygen to form moisture, for example maybe thru lightning?

And then, what happens to the salt? Is it also consumed? If consumed then replenishment is an issue again. Else if salt is a by product, too much salt on this earth is also detrimental to organic life.

Not to throw a wet blanket. This thing really excites me too.

Earth may be 75% water, but like fossil fuel, if not replenished or takes a very very long time to be replenished it will still run out. But unlike fossil fuel all organic life needs water to survive. Or is there so much water that it can sustain our energy needs till other sources are found. If the latter is true, then we really have a good thing going here. Astounding!

Status
Not open for further replies.