EM-10 Official! The OM-D for All!

when go holiday with families how? lol

can only choose one system to bring.. else super heavy

With Family ah? EM1 + 12-40.

Versatility is up to oneself ;)

Wonglp has even showed me before u can use the 75/1.8 to take group photos and I've shot street using the 75/1.8 too.

Depends on situation also la lol, with all the space in the world, pretty just any lens would do

With Family ah? EM1 + 12-40.

Actually I really second that. With the AF speed and accuracy of the MFT system and lenses (it gets even better with the primes) , it's really hard to miss a shot.

Actually I really second that. With the AF speed and accuracy of the MFT system and lenses (it gets even better with the primes) , it's really hard to miss a shot.

I am so tempted to travel only with this for my next trip. 24mm is wide enough for most applications, and the 80mm is by far a better reach than most f2.8 lenses from various makes. Oh, did I mention that the mfd is icing on the cake as well.

Oh gawd, I sound like "a boy having his new toy"!

Having said that, I really need to master the composite shot thingy that wonglp has been saying. I can't seem to get it to work on first try. I will try again. And I sincerely wished Oly or Pana work out something to allow us to prevent the NR from kicking in for Long Exposure. Even my diminutive Q7 can disable, and so I can take my next shot immediately.

it is always good to travel light.. i am thinking of bringing my just my EM-10 with the 12-32mm, 15mm for my next trip..

had brought EM-1 + 12-40mm during Dec to Seoul.. endured the winter well but still quite heavy as i walked alot during the trip..

it is always good to travel light.. i am thinking of bringing my just my EM-10 with the 12-32mm, 15mm for my next trip..

had brought EM-1 + 12-40mm during Dec to Seoul.. endured the winter well but still quite heavy as i walked alot during the trip..

actually i think this is really good alternative to 12-40/12-35 on the EM10 or most m43 camera. then use EM10 for the primes or other more specific uses.

actually i think this is really good alternative to 12-40/12-35 on the EM10 or most m43 camera. then use EM10 for the primes or other more specific uses.

considered the LX100 too..
shall wait abit for more user reviews b4 deciding..
not sure if the IQ is as good as the 12-40mm lens..

hey guys,

i just got back my camera from a someone and this is what i noticed.

the dial is missing.

can this be fixed?

kc4domd.jpg

Just drop a call to Olympus at 65967877 to ask for an estimate before going down. Probably send it in for a proper check up at the same time too :)

Just drop a call to Olympus at 65967877 to ask for an estimate before going down. Probably send it in for a proper check up at the same time too :)

thanks. will do that! just abit disappointed that i can't bring this along for my bali trip tomorrow :angry:

Hello, I saw this offer in the Sitex show today
*Please go to bootstrike website to see the deal as I am too new to post links...
For $1198 you get
14-42 Pancake lens
40-150 lens
(?)Free 45mm f1.8 lens
$50 voucher which can be used to offset the price

Is it a good deal? I am a total photography noob, have never owned a DSLR or Mirrorless. From what I read, a mirrorless is lighter and more compact than a DSLR, so I am looking at this option (My initial choice was a Canon 70D... but seems more expensive).

However, my photographer (professional career wise) friend is vehemently against the E-M10 though... he recommends the Sony a6000. Any suggestions? Should I go for the a6000 instead or buy the E-M10?

Go for it it's a super deal especially with the free 45 1.8 that is selling for about $250-$300 USED!

Hello, I saw this offer in the Sitex show today *Please go to bootstrike website to see the deal as I am too new to post links... For $1198 you get 14-42 Pancake lens 40-150 lens (?)Free 45mm f1.8 lens $50 voucher which can be used to offset the price Is it a good deal? I am a total photography noob, have never owned a DSLR or Mirrorless. From what I read, a mirrorless is lighter and more compact than a DSLR, so I am looking at this option (My initial choice was a Canon 70D... but seems more expensive). However, my photographer (professional career wise) friend is vehemently against the E-M10 though... he recommends the Sony a6000. Any suggestions? Should I go for the a6000 instead or buy the E-M10?
This is a very good deal, period.

And well, Sony fanboys will say all other brands cmi while Oly fanboys will say other brand cmi. Listen to all sides and then decide for yourself ;)

My friend said it's a dying brand lol... :dunno:
Haha, yeah I think it's a pretty good deal and I like the aesthetics of the EM10.
Having many lens is good as well... but isn't the 40-150mm and 45mm f1.8 a bit similar in that they take portrait shots?

My main concern is how well does it perform in low light situations? And how about moving shots?
Last time I owned a point and shoot Olympus but it performed badly in both situations....

My friend said it's a dying brand lol... :dunno:
Haha, yeah I think it's a pretty good deal and I like the aesthetics of the EM10.
Having many lens is good as well... but isn't the 40-150mm and 45mm f1.8 a bit similar in that they take portrait shots?

My main concern is how well does it perform in low light situations? And how about moving shots?
Last time I owned a point and shoot Olympus but it performed badly in both situations....

Sony fanboy alert......

Jokes aside, the 45mm f1.8 will give you excellent results. The 40-150 starts at f4 at the wide end, so definitely a huge difference.

Last edited: