EM-10 Official! The OM-D for All!

lol. i got A7 and EM1.

difficult to maintain 2 system.

haaaa..... true bro...... another way for me would be keep A7s for prime and GH3/GH4 for Zoom..... :dunno:

very difficult , i tell u. with 25,45 and 75.. i dunno how u can ignore them :bsmilie:

You hit the jackpot..... was looking at the collection....... 25, 45, 75, 42.5..... :sweat::lovegrin:

You hit the jackpot..... was looking at the collection....... 25, 45, 75, 42.5..... :sweat::lovegrin:

that one too ex.. so didnt include in. :bsmilie:

tried it b4..really poisonous lens. So u tell me...how to just get zoom lens for GH3/GH4???

i have 17mm, 25mm(leica pana), 45mm, 12-40mm. really hope to have 75mm and 40-150mm :bsmilie:

as for A7..35 and 55 + couple of manual lens

Last edited:
that one too ex.. so didnt include in. :bsmilie:

tried it b4..really poisonous lens. So u tell me...how to just get zoom lens for GH3/GH4???

i have 17mm, 25mm(leica pana), 45mm, 12-40mm. really hope to have 75mm and 40-150mm :bsmilie:

as for A7..35 and 55 + couple of manual lens

If I ever go back to M43.... likely the lens will be similar....... :bsmilie:

that one too ex.. so didnt include in. :bsmilie: tried it b4..really poisonous lens. So u tell me...how to just get zoom lens for GH3/GH4??? i have 17mm, 25mm(leica pana), 45mm, 12-40mm. really hope to have 75mm and 40-150mm :bsmilie: as for A7..35 and 55 + couple of manual lens
Very similar lens to what I have too.. M43 I have 17mm and 45mm instead of lusting over the 75mm lens I got the Sigma 60mm which is a very value for money lens.. For the A7s I have the 35mm and 55mm lens.. But I do have both kit lens for both systems.. Got quite a few overlapping focal length but hard to let go of some of them.. Each has its own characteristics

Very similar lens to what I have too.. M43 I have 17mm and 45mm instead of lusting over the 75mm lens I got the Sigma 60mm which is a very value for money lens.. For the A7s I have the 35mm and 55mm lens.. But I do have both kit lens for both systems.. Got quite a few overlapping focal length but hard to let go of some of them.. Each has its own characteristics

haaa if I go back to M43.... than I also same gang as you all.... A7s + M43....

Agree....each has its own characteristics..... hard to let go any of the lens.... :embrass:

Last edited:
Hi, I just bought the EM10 with 14-42 EZ ED kit. I'm new to photography and wanted to try my hand with this camera on capturing some good portrait shots - more close ups face portraits that is good for linked-in profile shots or passport pictures.

I'm thinking of getting a set of prime lens for this, specifically the Olympus 25mm f/1.8 M.Zuiko Digital. Any experienced dudes out here can share which prime lens and focus lengths are best to do this job?

I think the 45mm prime would be a better choice since the 25mm will still require you to go in pretty close

I think the 45mm prime would be a better choice since the 25mm will still require you to go in pretty close

Thanks Spidey. Thought that the 25mm (50mm equivalent on FF) was supposed to be the most natural to the human eye, with the least amount of distortion. Would the 45mm (90mm equivalent) result in any sort of distortion?

Last edited:
Thanks Spidey. Thought that the 25mm (50mm equivalent on FF) was supposed to be the most natural to the human eye, with the least amount of distortion. Would the 45mm (90mm equivalent) result in any sort of distortion?

I don't even know how is the 50mm suppose to be similar to the human eye, unless they're saying 1 eye rather than both eyes, depending on the lens, there might be distortion. Anyway, it's not the distortion that I'm concerned with, most lenses these days are good and can always correct in post.

I do it often for events, but in the situation of shooting a model, would you feel good if I jab a lens in your face? Hence my recommendation for the 45mm lens instead of the 25. But again, it's your choice, just gotta decide what you're gonna shoot with the new lens often, if you're using it often for street or holidays, 25mm is better, if you're gonna shoot a lot of head and shoulder portraits, the 45mm is better. In fact, if you shoot for profiles occasionally, your 14-42 is good enough, just need to light it properly

I don't even know how is the 50mm suppose to be similar to the human eye, unless they're saying 1 eye rather than both eyes, depending on the lens, there might be distortion.

True..

I find 35mm is closer to the so called human eye's view..

back to the original question, i'll recommend the 45/1.8 but for more practical reasons. As u said u wanted to shoot full face , close up portraits, one good thing to have is a decent distance between subject and u and in this respect 25/1.8 might be too close.

the kit lens alone can do the shoot if u do a 42/5.6 setting on it but u end up with an aperture size of f5.6, which doesn't help in having the subject stand out, in comparison, the 45/1.8 gives v.good IQ (though 25/1.8 isn't a slouch either) and so this is another reason.

He said LinkedIn or passport photo mah, isolate simi? Lol want isolation, use telephoto lens the best

back to the original question, i'll recommend the 45/1.8 but for more practical reasons. As u said u wanted to shoot full face , close up portraits, one good thing to have is a decent distance between subject and u and in this respect 25/1.8 might be too close.

the kit lens alone can do the shoot if u do a 42/5.6 setting on it but u end up with an aperture size of f5.6, which doesn't help in having the subject stand out, in comparison, the 45/1.8 gives v.good IQ (though 25/1.8 isn't a slouch either) and so this is another reason.

Thanks Keith and Spidey for the input. Though I mentioned close up portraits, LinkedIn and passport photos, these may not necessarily be against a clean background either. I'll fiddle around with the kit lens to see how it feels before I do make any purchases.

Offhand, the 25mm f1.8 just seems the more versatile of the 2 prime lens - probably more adapt to street and general photography than the 45mm.

There's no one for all lens, the beauty of interchangeable lens is also its curse hahaha

Versatility is up to oneself ;)

Wonglp has even showed me before u can use the 75/1.8 to take group photos and I've shot street using the 75/1.8 too.