Egomaniac or Artistic photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-user

Mar 11, 2006
Egomaniac
a person who considers themselves to be extremely important and able to do anything that they want to do

Art
1 the making of objects, images, music, etc. that are beautiful or that express feelings:

Reference:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/

Been observing CS for quite a while, and came to a conclusion that there is two different group of photographers. Of course, there are many kinds but these are the general types which can be observe in this forum.

First group, which I searched the net for the best fit word will be, egomaniac photographers. The other group will be the artistic kind. The question now come, why of all words choose these to describe photographers?

IMO, egomaniac kind likes to post photos when they feel that they had accomplished own satisfaction. Be it portraits, abstract, reports or other fields of photography, works of fellow CSers can be seen. They are likely to start a couple of threads and often found to defend for themselves or react subjective to replies. If they react so subjectively to replies why they would in their clear minds, post something that they don’t wish people to comment? Might as well keep them in their safe haven? Why would the comments of such common word “Nice” and “Beautiful” does not make the thread starter react so strongly. It is because of their cognitive minds that result in this behavior. This is why I consider the word egomaniac is being used.

Artistic group: The works of those I classified as artistic are not necessary abstract kind. It is more of the photographer’s work that can bring out the feelings, the mood, and the expression towards the viewers. It is not just plain beautiful photography which captured beautiful things. It is more on the ability to captivate the most perfect perspective. They are the kind that will be more welcome on comments may it be harsh or nice, as they willing to take others’ view and improve on it.

I might be wrong or might be correct but I am taking this view on a grey side. Let discuss on it.

* Keep this thread away from personnel attacks and view things from a different angle. *

wah this kind of bullshi*t post.
do you feel the need to categorise people to make yourself feel better. go take some photos lah.
I hate it when people start with "Been observing CS for quite a while..."
as if it gives them a right to judge other people.

So which of the two groups do you think you yourself belong to? :)

I think he belong to the "collector" group.
6 out of 7 threads started and 39 out of 48 replies posted are in Buy & Sell.

Agreed with Mattlock. Damn BS post. Never a good idea to catagorise people.

Then asking not to be personal, but TS first post was in itself a shot aimed directly at most of the photographers here, hypocracy to the max here!

Bullshit psychoanalysis so I categorise myself with Mattlock and Deadpoet :) Why doesn't TS get the ball-rolling and state which category he or she is in first?

He's wrong lar...
There's only the Elite and non-Elite group... :D

It is honestly getting kind of old. Think it's about time to stop it.

Let's say you were in her shoes and created the same mistake...would you want me to harp you even a year later? I'm beginning to think you and some like minded others in that particular thread are no better or even worse than her. One time telling her off is enough. Get on with other stuff.

As to the topic: How would you judge 'artistic'? Or 'Egomaniacs'? An artist is not a successful artist if he couldn't stand up for his works, BUT if he isn't able to give a good reason to stand up for it, he needs a major rethink .

I dont know why thread starter is starting this thread?

In CS, there is an exchange of ideas and views, that's cool...

Categorising people just isnt cool...

haha. i think there is only the "got money" and "no money group". :sweatsm:

what was this about sia?? :dunno:

It is honestly getting kind of old. Think it's about time to stop it.

Let's say you were in her shoes and created the same mistake...would you want me to harp you even a year later? I'm beginning to think you and some like minded others in that particular thread are no better or even worse than her. One time telling her off is enough. Get on with other stuff.

As to the topic: How would you judge 'artistic'? Or 'Egomaniacs'? An artist is not a successful artist if he couldn't stand up for his works, BUT if he isn't able to give a good reason to stand up for it, he needs a major rethink .

wah this kind of bullshi*t post.
do you feel the need to categorise people to make yourself feel better. go take some photos lah.
I hate it when people start with "Been observing CS for quite a while..."
as if it gives them a right to judge other people.

Aren't you judging him too?

Actually, I think there are egomaniac artistic photographers too! Those who think their art is so power and deride anyone who says their work is crap!

Actually, I think there are egomaniac artistic photographers too! Those who think their art is so power and deride anyone who says their work is crap!

and there are egomaniac newbie who will defend just about anything even thou the whole world say their pics sucks...

suckamania... :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.