Egomaniac or Artistic photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wah!! You sound like you have someone in mind.

and there are egomaniac newbie who will defend just about anything even thou the whole world say their pics sucks...

suckamania... :devil:

TS didn't reply to the comments about this thread leh, so which category is he in then? There must be a 3rd group of photographers, those who start thread then disappear, shall we call this group "simply bo chap photographers"?

Opps, now I am categorizing people. :think:

Egomaniac
a person who considers themselves to be extremely important and able to do anything that they want to do

Art
1 the making of objects, images, music, etc. that are beautiful or that express feelings:

Reference:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/

Been observing CS for quite a while, and came to a conclusion that there is two different group of photographers. Of course, there are many kinds but these are the general types which can be observe in this forum.

First group, which I searched the net for the best fit word will be, egomaniac photographers. The other group will be the artistic kind. The question now come, why of all words choose these to describe photographers?

IMO, egomaniac kind likes to post photos when they feel that they had accomplished own satisfaction. Be it portraits, abstract, reports or other fields of photography, works of fellow CSers can be seen. They are likely to start a couple of threads and often found to defend for themselves or react subjective to replies. If they react so subjectively to replies why they would in their clear minds, post something that they don’t wish people to comment? Might as well keep them in their safe haven? Why would the comments of such common word “Nice” and “Beautiful” does not make the thread starter react so strongly. It is because of their cognitive minds that result in this behavior. This is why I consider the word egomaniac is being used.

Artistic group: The works of those I classified as artistic are not necessary abstract kind. It is more of the photographer’s work that can bring out the feelings, the mood, and the expression towards the viewers. It is not just plain beautiful photography which captured beautiful things. It is more on the ability to captivate the most perfect perspective. They are the kind that will be more welcome on comments may it be harsh or nice, as they willing to take others’ view and improve on it.

I might be wrong or might be correct but I am taking this view on a grey side. Let discuss on it.

* Keep this thread away from personnel attacks and view things from a different angle. *
before any discussion can carry on (which i doubt would be profitable, sorry), a proper context must be provided. any examples of an 'egomaniac' CS-er and an 'artistic' CS-er? let's try to see from your point of view then.

the feeling is like william hung singing 'i believe i can fly'

so much so, if a bird was to hear it, it might just kamikaze down...

:bsmilie:

couldn't resist it. u want categories? i'll give u categories. i just love aaron johnson! he's the scott adams of photography, IMO.

wankers-
WTD76.gif

and wannabe photography critics/tortured souls who thinks only they have good taste on wat is a 'good' picture -
WTD75.gif

:bsmilie:

couldn't resist it. u want categories? i'll give u categories. i just love aaron johnson! he's the scott adams of photography, IMO.

wankers-
WTD76.gif

and wannabe photography critics/tortured souls who thinks only they have good taste on wat is a 'good' picture -
WTD75.gif

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I belong to neither of the groups which I mentioned. I am more of the lesser group around here, reading posts and how people respond to replies. Basically I can be classified under the bystander group. As a bystander, I normally hang out around in the buy and sell section, that doesn’t mean that I can’t come in to kopitiam and talk about anything under the sky.

I am well-aware that by starting this thread and categorizing photographers here is not a good thing. Same rational apply to categorizing models and photo which belongs to the “sucks” category is not a good idea to do so too. So why do people still categorize things? We want things to improve over here. Photographers may still be as egomaniac as long as they like but if they don’t reflect on their skill, well the standard of photos remains as they are now. This is my main intention of starting this BS thread. It is to compare the two different groups of photographers around.

If I am deem as not “cool” by categorizing people, please stop giving comments to photos when you think is “beautiful” or “sucks”. It will make me think the same way as you are when you look at me.

To categorize people into two main groups is more on general analyzing of the forum but if you are to ask me to give examples of the people belonging to the types I mentioned. It will be personnel attacks to the fellow CSers thus I will leave the example of such grouping of CSers to personal views.

I belong to neither of the groups which I mentioned. I am more of the lesser group around here, reading posts and how people respond to replies. Basically I can be classified under the bystander group. As a bystander, I normally hang out around in the buy and sell section, that doesn’t mean that I can’t come in to kopitiam and talk about anything under the sky.

I am well-aware that by starting this thread and categorizing photographers here is not a good thing. Same rational apply to categorizing models and photo which belongs to the “sucks” category is not a good idea to do so too. So why do people still categorize things? We want things to improve over here. Photographers may still be as egomaniac as long as they like but if they don’t reflect on their skill, well the standard of photos remains as they are now. This is my main intention of starting this BS thread. It is to compare the two different groups of photographers around.

If I am deem as not “cool” by categorizing people, please stop giving comments to photos when you think is “beautiful” or “sucks”. It will make me think the same way as you are when you look at me.

To categorize people into two main groups is more on general analyzing of the forum but if you are to ask me to give examples of the people belonging to the types I mentioned. It will be personnel attacks to the fellow CSers thus I will leave the example of such grouping of CSers to personal views.

Whats the point exactly?

So you've created a special third category "Bystander Group" for yourself? :bsmilie:

Aiyo so many user groups oready still wanna categorize some more? Can die one ley...

PES A, B, C, D, E?

Abnormal, Bullish, Cocky, Domineering, and Extranous. Those often flamed or hated CSers often fall into one of these catogory. I belong to PES A, so get lost, you belong to another group.

wait a minute...am i missing something here?

so you mean, it's actually OK to generalise - dare i even say, stereotype - the CS community into 2 main categories, inviting an open discussion....and then when asked to give examples in order to clarify and give benefit of the doubt to those being categorised, it is considered 'personal attack'?

as predicted, this 'discussion' is just empty. you are just setting yourself up for being a flame bait proper.

wait a minute...am i missing something here?

so you mean, it's actually OK to generalise - dare i even say, stereotype - the CS community into 2 main categories, inviting an open discussion....and then when asked to give examples in order to clarify and give benefit of the doubt to those being categorised, it is considered 'personal attack'?

as predicted, this 'discussion' is just empty. you are just setting yourself up for being a flame bait proper.

wor! are we goin on the path of gasp... dare i say it... ELITISM!!! :bigeyes:

why stop at E? still got Flamed and Grilled mah... :devil:

Pai u very pai si bully satay boy:nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.