[edutilos] State of Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

8122003477_5f6b03e5f0_o.jpg

I like the tone of this one and the leading lines all the way to the centre which gives a good sense of depth.

For picture no. 321, my personal preference is to crop away the roof of Eunos MRT station that is sticking into the picture from the lower left corner of the picture.

edutilos- said:
Alternative take on #325

Prefer this over the previous coloured version, though perhaps a little more contrast would be even better?

edutilos- said:
I do prefer the square comp personally.. As for color or no color I guess it's a toss. A more contrasty picture may be better via a reshoot at a different time - the sun was behind the part on the right here, so pushing the contrast would either blow the highlights (had to layer 2 exposures) quickly or darken the water too much. :)

Perfer the landscape partly it felt less tight but i do admit i like the sky more in the coloured version.

I have shot this scene so many times that I have lost count. I always tend to revisit this at least once yearly. The thing is, every visit, the composition remains the same (and obviously copied from 80,000 photographers before me), but the conditions are never the same, be it the ambient lighting, or the water. To me, this is also one of the few photography views that just shouts "Singapore" as I know it, vibrant and never-sleeping, ever-changing yet so predictable. Singapore is so multi-fauceted that you could make anything you want out of it, after all. :)

8137396859_280507a5c3_o.jpg

Postcard view, photographed to death, call it what you like. This is one of the few skylines of our tiny RED DOT. We should be proud of it.

I have shot this scene so many times that I have lost count. I always tend to revisit this at least once yearly. The thing is, every visit, the composition remains the same (and obviously copied from 80,000 photographers before me), but the conditions are never the same, be it the ambient lighting, or the water. To me, this is also one of the few photography views that just shouts "Singapore" as I know it, vibrant and never-sleeping, ever-changing yet so predictable. Singapore is so multi-fauceted that you could make anything you want out of it, after all. :)

Well said. This rendition has nice colours.

In truth, I have not taken this iconic scene. Perhaps it is time.

This should be near the bukit timah rail station

I guess this is nearby the King Albert park macdonalds..? Or the bridge near Railway Mall at Bukit Timah..? Hmmm.. Shall explore that area soon

Status
Not open for further replies.