Economical package to KL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Planning to go KL over next weekend. Not planning to spent too much on travel and accomodation. Which coach and hotel do u guys normally approach? :)

either take a train to jb train station buy a tic up to kl cause if u buy it's in renggit there

if u buy here it is sing dollar ok so save some money for u already.

or u can take 170 from kranji n go to jb bus terminal.
there got many bus service
if u take the bus u probably reach their chinatown area

then u navigate once u reach there.

i went to corus hotel before somewhere near klcc so rather convenient. the pub area can be reach by walking 20-30 mins as well. there is a lrt stop there
i forget which is the one exactly

Hmm can travel by train? Fast, cheap, no jams and u clear customs at the KTM station in Singapore.

How much u travel by train to kl?
i once stayed at a backpacker's lodge in KL chinatown. 40 RM per night with aircon. cheapest i can find...

centrino said:
How much u travel by train to kl?
i once stayed at a backpacker's lodge in KL chinatown. 40 RM per night with aircon. cheapest i can find...

Sheets are clean with no suspicious looking yellow stains on them? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

You could also take the super nice bus from Copthorne Orchid Hotel in Bukit Timah. Price: S$38 (one-way; single-deck); S$48 (double-deck). Very comfortable and got steward to serve refreshments (fruit juice, light meal like mee georeng or Nasi Lemak, and miner water). The bus stops at the old KTM station in KL. You can buy the return from the office upstairs (cheaper). As for hotels, you can try Rennissence (dun know if spelling is correct) in the heart of KL (Jln Sultan Ismail). Quite good rates, think 120RM per nite. Or perhaps u can also try online booking.

u mean renaissance? woah, where got so cheap?! where u get the 120RM rate from? would appreciate if u can giv mi the link.

fox said:
You could also take the super nice bus from Copthorne Orchid Hotel in Bukit Timah. Price: S$38 (one-way; single-deck); S$48 (double-deck). Very comfortable and got steward to serve refreshments (fruit juice, light meal like mee georeng or Nasi Lemak, and miner water). The bus stops at the old KTM station in KL. You can buy the return from the office upstairs (cheaper). As for hotels, you can try Rennissence (dun know if spelling is correct) in the heart of KL (Jln Sultan Ismail). Quite good rates, think 120RM per nite. Or perhaps u can also try online booking.

wind said:
u mean renaissance? woah, where got so cheap?! where u get the 120RM rate from? would appreciate if u can giv mi the link.

My friend always stays there whenever he goes at that rate. I'll ask him.

Hi wind,

Cheapest way to get to KL is like what staz suggested, take 170/160 to Larkin bus terminal and then hop on to a JB-KL express bus from there. Many bus companies there run services to KL at 1 hour interval, and most of them will terminate at Pudu Raya, the bus terminal at KL. :)

take an overnight train to KL best... sleep all the way...reach KL in da morning and u r just as fresh as yesterday...hee....just came back from KL...

thks guys! u were most helpful. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.