ebay- paypal, money order..questions


Status
Not open for further replies.

LENS

New Member
Apr 8, 2005
755
0
0
#1
Hi guys,

I won bid in US ebay, then it turns out that the owner doesn't use paypal, and accept money order/ cashier's check only, can we buy money order in singapore and send to US?

or the only way is to get my US friend to help?


and for my paypal, it is said the access is limited and i can't transfer $ anymore..sigh.. i have sent an email to them to check how to restore back, with US$11 inside my paypall account, how can i draw it out? thanks!
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#2
LENS said:
Hi guys,

I won bid in US ebay, then it turns out that the owner doesn't use paypal, and accept money order/ cashier's check only, can we buy money order in singapore and send to US?

or the only way is to get my US friend to help?


and for my paypal, it is said the access is limited and i can't transfer $ anymore..sigh.. i have sent an email to them to check how to restore back, with US$11 inside my paypall account, how can i draw it out? thanks!
ask the ebay staff lor, quite helpful... even work on sundays.... hehe
 

LENS

New Member
Apr 8, 2005
755
0
0
#3
U mean local ebay? mm.. guess i check out with bank? ha.
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#4
LENS said:
U mean local ebay? mm.. guess i check out with bank? ha.
u bid internationally, but your service is still ebay mah, and when u send enquiry, they will get local ebay to respond. as i think your acc is ebay sg rite...

btw, u send via money order or maybe like western union, not safe rite... but the reputation of the guy good?
 

hongsien

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2002
3,688
0
36
105
Hong Kong
Visit site
#5
LENS said:
Hi guys,

I won bid in US ebay, then it turns out that the owner doesn't use paypal, and accept money order/ cashier's check only, can we buy money order in singapore and send to US?

or the only way is to get my US friend to help?


and for my paypal, it is said the access is limited and i can't transfer $ anymore..sigh.. i have sent an email to them to check how to restore back, with US$11 inside my paypall account, how can i draw it out? thanks!
If you need to buy a money order for the US, register with www.bidpay.com, you can then use your credit card to buy a money order which they will send to the seller by mail (can take up to 10 days to reach).

If the seller doesn't accept Paypal, then there is no use trying to use it, many sellers are reluctant to accept Paypal from outside the US (some US sellers think all scammers are only outside the US: I have been scammed 5x and all from the US! I received the items but not as described......). Your access to Paypal use is limited because you have now a personal account which is free to receive payments on. If you upgrade to a Premier account you can pay and receive more but three is a fee for receiving payments......(not recommended if you are not planning to use Paypal much).

For small amounts though, I usually just send cash in an envelope (place the bills between some paper).

Before bidding always find out from thenm how much shipping is or else they can just charge you ANY amount and you have to pay that amount!

Hong sien
 

#6
LENS said:
Hi guys,

I won bid in US ebay, then it turns out that the owner doesn't use paypal, and accept money order/ cashier's check only, can we buy money order in singapore and send to US?

or the only way is to get my US friend to help?
Go to post office they do have money order using citibank.
The post HQ close at 2100 if not wrong.
 

LENS

New Member
Apr 8, 2005
755
0
0
#7
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
u bid internationally, but your service is still ebay mah, and when u send enquiry, they will get local ebay to respond. as i think your acc is ebay sg rite...

btw, u send via money order or maybe like western union, not safe rite... but the reputation of the guy good?

my ebay acct is US registered, ebay.com.sg just started last year =)

well, i used to use paypal, then now the account is limited access guess like other clubsnapper said, you need to pay to upgrade.

not safe? do you mean that people will take and run? and money order is hard to trace? ha. Well, for ebay transaction, it is always partly luck, and partly trust.. so far all the items i got is like less than $100 ha.. i had got Yashica GSN, polaraid SX70..this time i got olympus XA and olympus PEN-EE..all aren't expensive camera =) that's what i like, i will feel like getting gems from stones! ha
 

LENS

New Member
Apr 8, 2005
755
0
0
#8
longkangman said:
Go to post office they do have money order using citibank.
The post HQ close at 2100 if not wrong.
Hi longkangman,

do you mean citibank credit card?thanks for information.
 

hongsien

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2002
3,688
0
36
105
Hong Kong
Visit site
#9
LENS said:
my ebay acct is US registered, ebay.com.sg just started last year =)

well, i used to use paypal, then now the account is limited access guess like other clubsnapper said, you need to pay to upgrade.

not safe? do you mean that people will take and run? and money order is hard to trace? ha. Well, for ebay transaction, it is always partly luck, and partly trust.. so far all the items i got is like less than $100 ha.. i had got Yashica GSN, polaraid SX70..this time i got olympus XA and olympus PEN-EE..all aren't expensive camera =) that's what i like, i will feel like getting gems from stones! ha
What is not safe is sending money through the Western Union money TRANSFER to unkown people. ANyone can actaully collect that money although it was sent to the US, someone somewhere else can still pick it up since they don't really check the ID's.....

Western Union Bidpay however is safe, there is a new website though........you can use your credit card there.

As for the MO from the post office, the rates are not that good as far as I can remember (the last I used was about 6 years ago, so take it with a pinch of salty salt), but it is convenient and they offer MO's only to the US, UK and Japan, maybe other countries have been added recently.

BTW: there is no fee to be paid when upgrading to a Premier account at paypal, you need to pay fees when withdrawing funds to your SIN city account (which is free from your personal account), but you can almost limitless buy and sell.

Hong Sien
 

Splutter

Senior Member
Dec 28, 2003
2,909
0
0
35
Gim Boon Tai
www.splutterphotography.com
#11
As far as possible, try to avoid money orders as they are pretty unsafe. Western union as well - been there done that. Paypal is still the most secure as far as ebay is concerned. I paid to upgrade to premier account, but they had some offer then which cashed back to me.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom