Eaten alive by its own kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaweb

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
I was at the Planthouse ( Botanic Gardens ) last morning (13th July) and saw a little damselfly was resting on a leaf (within the pond). Later it flew among the leaves and then suddenly a bigger damselfly came along and grabbed it. Below is some shots taken during the incident :

crw_4817_std.jpg

Shutter speed: 1/160 sec
Aperture: 11
Exposure mode: Manual
ISO: 200
Full Frame

crw_4818_std.jpg

Shutter speed: 1/160 sec
Aperture: 11
Cropped to 4:3

crw_4839_std.jpg

Shutter speed: 1/100 sec
Aperture: 10
Full Frame

Setup:
Canon D60
100mm f2.8 USM macro
550EX + Omni-bounce mounted on hot-shoe
Handheld

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:thumbsup: good series!!!!

eh megaweb, care to share what are the settings?

thanx

megaweb.. dun mind if i ask you a Q...

i have no diffuser for my flash... used it to take macro... so I increase the shuttle speed till the exposure seems alright...
does it decrease the details of the image i capture?? i think it does right??..

Thanks for the kindly comments :)

Originally posted by blurboiboi
megaweb.. dun mind if i ask you a Q...

i have no diffuser for my flash... used it to take macro... so I increase the shuttle speed till the exposure seems alright...
does it decrease the details of the image i capture?? i think it does right??..
I dun think it will decrease the details of the image. Using a diffuser is to provide natural lighting effect (just like sunlight) onto the object. If you dun use , you will see the hash effect ..

crystal clear clarity...great pics dude ...it all depends on the quality the equipment, the scanning and other allied work.....
but yes........the man behind the machine is the one who decides what is to be captured.......damn beaut pics...

hv to upgrade mine to get such clear scans or else.......take a digicam...... :wink: 'cos my pics come clear but it gets blurred and distorted during scanning :cry:

Originally posted by coolbrat
crystal clear clarity...great pics dude ...it all depends on the quality the equipment, the scanning and other allied work.....
but yes........the man behind the machine is the one who decides what is to be captured.......damn beaut pics...

hv to upgrade mine to get such clear scans or else.......take a digicam...... :wink: 'cos my pics come clear but it gets blurred and distorted during scanning :cry:

Thanks ... perhaps you should send ur slides to the lab to scan for u :)

Status
Not open for further replies.