East Gear EN-EL3 Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenkoh

Nov 11, 2005
adventurenomad.blogspot.com
Hi All,

Anybody tried the East Gear EN-EL3 battery for Nikon D200/D80? Seems to be a reputable brand with more power capacity than the original Nikon Batts. Cheap too. Are they any good?

Thanks,
Ken

Hi All,

Anybody tried the East Gear EN-EL3 battery for Nikon D200/D80? Seems to be a reputable brand with more power capacity than the original Nikon Batts. Cheap too. Are they any good?

Thanks,
Ken

u can't use en-el3 on d200/d80... only en-el3e

Am using their EN-EL3 bought 2 years+ ago, still serving me well. Not sure about the EN-EL3e but should be fine :)

bought 2 from them 2 months ago. works fine on my d200 and mb200. no issues at all. batt life seems a teeny bit shorter than the originals but could be just my imagination. am churning out about 400 shots per batt shooting raw+fine jpeg, no flash but heavy LCD viewing. well worth the $$.. but there was an earlier post somewhere in this forum on a defective batch. you may want to check that out

There was a bad batch for the EG-ENEL3e.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=281358

Wait for the new batch at the end of the month and hopefully we're able to buy it before July with the increase in GST.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=3125013#post3125013

In another forum, Eastgear has stated about 2% using NETS.

Then again, please get all your gadgets before GST 7% and Nets 2%.

http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showtopic=90768&st=0&#entry637182

bought 2 from them 2 months ago. works fine on my d200 and mb200. no issues at all. batt life seems a teeny bit shorter than the originals but could be just my imagination. am churning out about 400 shots per batt shooting raw+fine jpeg, no flash but heavy LCD viewing. well worth the $$.. but there was an earlier post somewhere in this forum on a defective batch. you may want to check that out

Doesn't the original last for a thousand shots or more? o_O

400 Raw+JPEG fine seems a lot. Compressed NEF? My D200 is brand new, but I was told to expect only about 400 compressed NEF, or 250 NEF per original batt.

It seems that this East Gear batt is quite reliable, and at least equal to the original Nikon batt. Are there any other 3rd party batts around better than original Nikons?

The EG-ENEL3e is about half the price of the original EN-EL3e.

The third party battery is still quite cost effective.

HTH.

Thanks. I read the thread. It seems the original Nikon Batts are still better even though rated at lower capacity. Some guy getting 550 Raw + small Jpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.