[ E5 Image ] - Free Hand Shot E-5 + 300mm f2.8 + EC-20

Andy, you’ve met Varanus on the net and now you have to meet this muscle man in person.

I tell ya this 'Jungle Jim' will lug his 300mm lens into the jungle in his bermuda pants and sandals and comes out with beautiful bird photos.

BL, the 4th 300mm f2.8 is in production and will be in the hands of a pro by Dec. Poison is spreading :devil: We should organise another birding outing soon. ;)

Spidey, you're not wrong. That's the DOF and black feathers issue :)

GS, I wonder if we're talking about the same person. I hope not because that would mean one more ;)

But you're right. We should organise another birding outing soon. I can provide the Sigma 300-800mm f5.6, 4/3's longest lens, for those interested to try it out. Here's a full size sample pic shot with the E-5 and this zoom lens very recently and oh yes, this one I cannot handhold :bsmilie:

Blue-Tailed Bee-eater by wokoti, on Flickr

Ah.... I see... WAH! HUGE IMAGE ALERT! HAhahah! I'd like to try my hand at hand holding the 300-800,wahahahha! Might be a real workout for me ;D

Varanus, I'm also quite impressed by your knowledge of birds. Will be very interested to see you in action!

Ah.... I see... WAH! HUGE IMAGE ALERT! HAhahah! I'd like to try my hand at hand holding the 300-800,wahahahha! Might be a real workout for me ;D

Wah... if hand holding it is a real workout for you, then it will be an impossible task for me :bsmilie:

Spidey & Eighk, you're welcome to try out the Sigmonster just let me know when and I'll try to accommodate.

Eighk, if you shoot birds in Singapore, it'll be a matter of time before we bump into each other in the field. Unless I am with my Sigmonster which is very rarely, I'll be the only guy without a tripod shooting with an Oly 300mm f2.8.

Cheers guys :D

Thats one monster of an image....

I think he just won the 'Largest Image in Clubsnap' award.

Spidey & Eighk, you're welcome to try out the Sigmonster just let me know when and I'll try to accommodate.

Eighk, if you shoot birds in Singapore, it'll be a matter of time before we bump into each other in the field. Unless I am with my Sigmonster which is very rarely, I'll be the only guy without a tripod shooting with an Oly 300mm f2.8.

Maybe we can do a community shoot, then you lead I look :bsmilie:

Thanks for the offer! I'm not a bird shooter though, just someone interested in all kinds of shooting :)

Spidey, a community shoot would be fun. Subject to scheduling, gssoh, the grandmaster of Oly bird/wildlife, should be asked to come along and give pointers. Hopefully we can coincide it with the first ever meeting of more than two 300mm f2.8 in Singapore by having others shooting with this lens turn up.

Cheers

Spidey, a community shoot would be fun. Subject to scheduling, gssoh, the grandmaster of Oly bird/wildlife, should be asked to come along and give pointers. Hopefully we can coincide it with the first ever meeting of more than two 300mm f2.8 in Singapore by having others shooting with this lens turn up.

Cheers

No problem, don't mind you PM me those with the 300? then probably can meet to discuss it

Andy, you’ve met Varanus on the net and now you have to meet this muscle man in person.

I tell ya this 'Jungle Jim' will lug his 300mm lens into the jungle in his bermuda pants and sandals and comes out with beautiful bird photos.

BL, the 4th 300mm f2.8 is in production and will be in the hands of a pro by Dec. Poison is spreading :devil: We should organise another birding outing soon. ;)
Unker, you posted, finally, after so long! :bsmilie:

When can I learn shoot bird from you? ;)

Spidey, you're not wrong. That's the DOF and black feathers issue :)

GS, I wonder if we're talking about the same person. I hope not because that would mean one more ;)

But you're right. We should organise another birding outing soon. I can provide the Sigma 300-800mm f5.6, 4/3's longest lens, for those interested to try it out. Here's a full size sample pic shot with the E-5 and this zoom lens very recently and oh yes, this one I cannot handhold :bsmilie:

Blue-Tailed Bee-eater by wokoti, on Flickr
Bird shooting needs patience, lots of it. I admit I don't possess such ability and skill set...

Look at the details. Wow!

Nice work varanus! :)

Bird shooting needs patience, lots of it. I admit I don't possess such ability and skill set...

Look at the details. Wow!

Nice work varanus! :)

I used to have the patience, I probably still do, but not with people at MRT stations :bsmilie: I saw someone at OSC with a E-3 or E-5,most probably E-3 and 300mm just now when I sent my E-3 in for repairs because the screen split open (still usable, not in bad condition,but now its tight and looks new XD)

Hi again Varanus,
Glad you know GS Soh and incidentally he was the one who "poisoned" me into buying the Oly 300mm 2.8 not long after meeting him at Panti. He and his good wife did for me all the paper work to purchase the lens from B&H. Naturally he is my "sifu" and we do meet up sometimes. Like you indicated, it will be great to gather together one day for a good makan and chit chat. For walkabout lens, I still use my Sigma 50-500mm which is fairly good but nothing compared to the Oly 300mm. Have a great day! My mobile: 012 7120111 (Johor Bahru)