E3 will be officially released on 17/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that the price is too near the D300. Shouldn't it be around 40D don't you think so? :cry:

but look at this way...pple still using E1 since 2003/2004...so E3 should have a product cycle of 4-4.5yrs...for 1 time investment....how offen we change body?

but look at this way...pple still using E1 since 2003/2004...so E3 should have a product cycle of 4-4.5yrs...for 1 time investment....how offen we change body?

People are still using the E-1 because there was no reasonable Olympus alternative until now. If there had been a replacement body in 2005, I'm sure several people would have bought that.

One issue, tho...I don't think they have live view AF... At this rate, the Panasonic L10's feature set would rock if they actually had IS. Still...comparing cameras from different leagues. I'm not sure how great the E3's IQ will be when more people get down to using it, so I'd sit and wait this one out. Maybe someone will offload an E3 after being sick of it =p *watching marketplace*

One issue, tho...I don't think they have live view AF... At this rate, the Panasonic L10's feature set would rock if they actually had IS. Still...comparing cameras from different leagues. I'm not sure how great the E3's IQ will be when more people get down to using it, so I'd sit and wait this one out. Maybe someone will offload an E3 after being sick of it =p *watching marketplace*

they don't?i thought they have the same live view AF as E-510

If it does, it kinda confirms my fears (I'm using the E510). Panasonic's L10 allows you to AF while Live View is on. THe E510 swings the mirror out for LV, swings it in for AF, then swings it back. I sincerely hope the flagship camera won't have that, since it really slows your shooting. If that's the case, the potential of LV will be lost on those who're getting E3 for shooting stuff that isn't static.

If it does, it kinda confirms my fears (I'm using the E510). Panasonic's L10 allows you to AF while Live View is on. THe E510 swings the mirror out for LV, swings it in for AF, then swings it back. I sincerely hope the flagship camera won't have that, since it really slows your shooting. If that's the case, the potential of LV will be lost on those who're getting E3 for shooting stuff that isn't static.

I read that it is the same as E510. :)

You guys got the shipping dates yet?

23rd November where I am... in north Asia.

i played with L10,indeed it is faster,lol,but i'm not really gonna complain since live view to me,is pretty new for a DSLR

Oh not to complain. See, Oly's E330 already had a full-time LV with AF, albeit using a compact-style CCD sensor to render one of their LV modes. It's not exactly unheard of in the Oly dSLRs.

You guys got the shipping dates yet?

23rd November where I am... in north Asia.

I actually went to Cathay Photo today. I asked about when the Olympus E-3 would be available. The guy said in 2 weeks time. ;p Which is 15 Nov? But I won't fully trust this date. Because 23 Nov and 15 Nov is a week difference.

I asked about the price and he said it is not confirmed. Hehe.

I actually went to Cathay Photo today. I asked about when the Olympus E-3 would be available. The guy said in 2 weeks time. ;p Which is 15 Nov? But I won't fully trust this date. Because 23 Nov and 15 Nov is a week difference.

I asked about the price and he said it is not confirmed. Hehe.

He probably said that to make u gian... damm wish it was here right now so i can get it and start to use it.. ;p

Any news on promotional items from Singapore Office

Europe allready running some

E-3 promotions: E-System pro backpack and HLD-4 power grip
Free E-System pro backpack available for all customers who purchase an Olympus E-3. Additionally, all existing owners of an Olympus E-System D-SLR camera, who also purchase the new E-3, are eligible to receive a HLD-4 power grip free of charge, by registering their products. More

http://www.olympus.co.uk/

Free E-System pro backpack available for all customers who purchase an Olympus E-3. Additionally, all existing owners of an Olympus E-System D-SLR camera, who also purchase the new E-3, are eligible to receive a HLD-4 power grip free of charge, by registering their products. More

So far no. :cry: I emailed Olympus more than a week ago, asking the release date and price. They never replied. :nono: Who wants to try now? :bsmilie:

Shame on Oly Singapore, they should be lining up orders based on people who have registered their E products (NOT JUST E1 club) and are potential buyers (tempted by solid promotions)

Hopefully they read these forums but I will call up next week when I am back in Singapore and post reply if nothing more on this .

i asked questions before,many months ago,still never reply,am still waiting,lol

Just sent off a mail to the sales department, fingers crossed maybe if we all (E-owners) do this, someone will get a positive response.

After all in sales willing/waiting customers (and we have waited a long time) does not happen that often they should jump on all potential sales as Europe are trying to do .

hey guys,

just got back from the E-510 werkshop by Lei Antonio
they had the e-3 with 12-60mm and the new 50-200mm SWD for us to try out...

Asked the staff there about the launch.. the guy said in Mid-November.... no exact date...
but one thing he confirmed with me is that it will be a body only sale.... no kit... price also unconfirmed.... everything unconfirmed...

but the E-3 felt so goooood... solidly built like a tank! very ergonomic!
felt like taking it home oh man,,,

1814801322_4981e6c21a_b.jpg

WOW!!

1813957533_fd73dd52f2_b.jpg

12-60mm heheh

1813958345_eea2c42f97_b.jpg

With the 50-200mm across the table from my OM 50mm F2.8

How come sg dun have such promotion for the E3?

How come sg dun have such promotion for the E3?

Shop around, US, UK, Europe, HK and Japan..u would realize that Singapore is one of the most expensive country to buy Olympus DSLR and lens.

Nothing surprise at all there is no promotion for E3 in Singapore.

Shop around, US, UK, Europe, HK and Japan..u would realize that Singapore is one of the most expensive country to buy Olympus DSLR and lens.

Nothing surprise at all there is no promotion for E3 in Singapore.

Promo for the E-3 locally?

Now that would be surprising! :bsmilie:

Still, let us not jump to conclusions too quickly - the E-3 isn't in SG yet, and Oly SG may come up with some marketing promo yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.