E3 kit?or just the body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starocker

Jun 27, 2008
Yishun
pix.ie
hey guys..i just sold off my E-410 and i'm planing to get an E3..but i have a problem, i already have a 11-22mm lens. i'm not sure if i should take the kit with the 12-60mm (take the Fl50R out of consideration), or just get the body.

i know many of you may say i should not compare the two lenses together as one is wide-angle and one is a zoom lens..but i can only afford the body if i do not sell my 11-22mm, and if i sell that, i can get the kit..

can anyone give me some advice? those thet are facing the same problem can also post here as i would like to know why you cant make your decision too:)

i'm not considering the E-30 cause i need the weather seal as i go out to sea about twice a week..

thanks in advance:cool:

No harm in keeping the 11-22mm. Perspective distortion is pretty much different from the 12-60mm. Depends on what you are shooting really... what is your main discipline of interest? Interior, landscape, street, etc?

The kit is a worthwhile purchase, and if you don't like the 12-60 and FL50R, I am sure you can easily find eager buyers for them on the Buy and Sell section which means it offset your purchase even more.

Something to think about.

Cheers.

No harm in keeping the 11-22mm. Perspective distortion is pretty much different from the 12-60mm. Depends on what you are shooting really... what is your main discipline of interest? Interior, landscape, street, etc?

The kit is a worthwhile purchase, and if you don't like the 12-60 and FL50R, I am sure you can easily find eager buyers for them on the Buy and Sell section which means it offset your purchase even more.

Something to think about.

Cheers.

hmm..okok..i shoot mostly landscapes and sports..and just abit of portraits..i already have a 70-300mm so that will do for now..haha..i like the 11-22mm, but i might need the range that is with the 12-60mm..but its hard to chose cause both lenses are for different uses..

if i get the kit, i think i won't bear to sell the lens and the flash..haha..i would get the kit if i can afford to, but can only either get the body, or sell my 11-22 and get the kit:(

cannot decide..haha..but still thx for your advice..;)

Looks like you will buy and keep the kit... look at the total price when you are buying separately... and don't be mistaken, the E-3 is not outdated... it is a flagship pro-level camera.

haha..i'm still stuck..i was hoping for the kit..but if so i would have to borrow some money from my aunt..but very pai seh lah..that was why i was just considering the body..no camera with me now like very kau wei leh..haha..

the kit is going for $3250 with bag ang 8gb card..i don't know if cathay photo or ms colour would be any cheaper..looks like i have to mrt around..haha..

Hello, where did you get the quote for $3250? Is it the E3 premium set? Includes gst and cash payment? Thanks.

anyway i just went to ms colour yesterday to place a deposit for the cam while i save up..decided to get the kit instead..haha..

just a quick question..if i'm using my cam in the rain, then i zoom in and out, water won't get into the lens rite?

anyway i just went to ms colour yesterday to place a deposit for the cam while i save up..decided to get the kit instead..haha..

just a quick question..if i'm using my cam in the rain, then i zoom in and out, water won't get into the lens rite?
My E-3, 12-60 SWD and 50-200 SWD still functioning till today after a whole day at the beach which is hot and humid and it got real wet and sandy; with sea water splashed on it while riding and shooting on a speeding boat at Tioman (round island trip with snorkeling); on a damn heavy thunderstorm at Ubin (there are some pix posted in this 4/3 forum. do a search). At the end of the day, just 'showered' my E-3 and the lenses and towel dry. No special method required. :)

Last edited:
My E-3, 12-60 SWD and 50-200 SWD still functioning till today after a whole day at the beach which is hot and humid and it got real wet and sandy; with sea water splashed on it while riding and shooting on a speeding boat at Tioman (round island trip with snorkeling); on a damn heavy thunderstorm at Ubin (there are some pix posted in this 4/3 forum. do a search). At the end of the day, just 'showered' my E-3 and the lenses and towel dry. No special method required. :)

oo..cool..because i coach sailing..and i like to take pics out at sea..but it can rain heavily..i'm jus wondring if water will get into the lens if i zoom in and out when its raining..

As the normal range is just a "good to have" to you. Why don't you get the 14-54 kit. Budget solution to have a reasonable range of lens ;p

Last edited:
haha..its ok la..i think after i get my kit i have to be guai and stop buying stuff for awhile..haha..my mom already giving my black face..haha..

oo..cool..because i coach sailing..and i like to take pics out at sea..but it can rain heavily..i'm jus wondring if water will get into the lens if i zoom in and out when its raining..

Cute question :sweatsm: it won't...

But coaching sailing :think: is mobility very important? Carrying a dSLR with a lens attached is it ok? The E-3 is not light also. How abt just slinging a compact cam around your neck? Is it better? Those compact that is waterproof, now every brand have them, or water proof & shock proof, from Olympus, there is one starting from 28mm. :dunno:

if i get the kit, i think i won't bear to sell the lens and the flash..haha..i would get the kit if i can afford to, but can only either get the body, or sell my 11-22 and get the kit:( Cannot decide..haha..but still thx for your advice..;)

Dun sell the 11-22mm, it is useful to you, if sell already, nxt time want to buy back, will be costly. :think:

Cute question :sweatsm: it won't...

But coaching sailing :think: is mobility very important? Carrying a dSLR with a lens attached is it ok? The E-3 is not light also. How abt just slinging a compact cam around your neck? Is it better? Those compact that is waterproof, now every brand have them, or water proof & shock proof, from Olympus, there is one starting from 28mm. :dunno:

Dun sell the 11-22mm, it is useful to you, if sell already, nxt time want to buy back, will be costly. :think:

haha..jus to make sure it water wun go in ma..haha..

anyway if im coaching i will be on a powerboat..which is quite big..so its ok..i used to bring my E-410 out to sea hoping then it wun storm suddenlt..now i dun think i have to worry..haha..the waterroof compact did not relly leave a good impression on me..

my friend had bought 1..so i borrowed from her 1 day to use it when im sailng..water went in..i told her..she say not to worry..as her last cam also same thing happen..so far..olympus has replaced 3 of the compacts for her liao:confused:

ya i dun think i will sell it..haha..i really like it alot..haha..but will have to see when i et mt 12-60mm oso..haha..

Status
Not open for further replies.