E-M1 Mark II

Seen a few camera stores announced the arrival of EM1 MK2 on Facebook and will be available at the store tomorrow, 9th Dec. No details on pricing or promotion though.

Not optimistic about the price, seeing USA pricing ;p

Interesting that Singapore and Germany are the first countries to get the camera body.

I agree, but at least we get it first, so those who want to buy, please buy, don't like, can sell to me :bsmilie:

Prices are out.
E-M1 MK II Body - $2,848
E-M1 MK II 12-40mm kit - $3,748
Initial launch - bundle with SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB card. Speed 280MB

Very limited stocks...check with your fav stores today.. Some I heard already sold out as the stores have their own reserve list...

I agree, but at least we get it first, so those who want to buy, please buy, don't like, can sell to me :bsmilie:

I'm number two in line after spidey89....

Sell to you at big discount? :D

I tried one in a store a couple of weeks ago when most camera makers were there and my hands must be different than the testers' hands. I still find it less comfortable than the GH4 or E-5, but at least, it works well--and has a bigger battery than the Mk I.

You bros are damn good photographers that is probably why.

spidey89 is. Olympus used to let me try things ahead of time, but no more. Maybe, it's that I'm that one sports photographer on micro Four-Thirds or that I have 3 Panasonic bodies and 1 Olympus body, plus the 2 Olympus dSLRs. Times change, and so did I.

Singapore and Germany probably have the easiest chance of correcting problems since the service centres are easily accessible, if problems arise. The U.S.A. is likely the least accessible, since everything goes to Long Island, New York for repair.

Sell to you at big discount? :D

I tried one in a store a couple of weeks ago when most camera makers were there and my hands must be different than the testers' hands. I still find it less comfortable than the GH4 or E-5, but at least, it works well--and has a bigger battery than the Mk I.

Singapore and Germany probably have the easiest chance of correcting problems since the service centres are easily accessible, if problems arise. The U.S.A. is likely the least accessible, since everything goes to Long Island, New York for repair.

Hahaha, to each his own my friend. Canon cameras are one of the most comfortable cameras I've ever held. Nikon one of the most inconsistent ones across their models and the E-M1 MKII is improved over the MKI, but personally, on par with the E-3/E-5, but I agree, GH4 feels better, but IMO, not by much. But again, we all hold differently. In actuality, I can hold a camera without a grip, but when I grab a camera without thinking, my fingers automatically spread which makes my pinky stick out :bsmilie:

The part about repairs makes sense, but also, I would be sadden to see that a camera has to go through servicing multiple times because it was rushed out for production

Hahaha, to each his own my friend. Canon cameras are one of the most comfortable cameras I've ever held. Nikon one of the most inconsistent ones across their models and the E-M1 MKII is improved over the MKI, but personally, on par with the E-3/E-5, but I agree, GH4 feels better, but IMO, not by much. But again, we all hold differently. In actuality, I can hold a camera without a grip, but when I grab a camera without thinking, my fingers automatically spread which makes my pinky stick out :bsmilie:

The part about repairs makes sense, but also, I would be sadden to see that a camera has to go through servicing multiple times because it was rushed out for production

Photographing sports, maybe I hold it too tightly. It's certainly better now that there are more native lenses in my bag. Four-Thirds lenses on the adapter gave me cause to worry.

I thought that pinky out was only for drinking tea.

The D7200 was comfortable as the E-5 but I still want an Olympus camera body based on the E-1--or just put the E-M1 Mk II bits into my E-1. I don't need to record video with it.

May be it is just me, but the marketing for this product really put me off. Half the world keep asking when it will be available till face turn blue. Then suddenly make it available on a Friday, not a sat or sun day. Making it limited also did not help. Dun know if the intend was to piss people off. I was going to buy both the E-M1 MKII with the 12-100 F4 lens. the important word is "WAS". hahahaha.

Photographing sports, maybe I hold it too tightly. It's certainly better now that there are more native lenses in my bag. Four-Thirds lenses on the adapter gave me cause to worry.

I thought that pinky out was only for drinking tea.

The D7200 was comfortable as the E-5 but I still want an Olympus camera body based on the E-1--or just put the E-M1 Mk II bits into my E-1. I don't need to record video with it.

I know what you mean friend hahah! I found the most comfortable Olympus camera ever was the E-1, followed by E-3/E-5 and E-M1 MKII. And well, pinky can be out for anything, Singaporeans (older ones) use it for scratching lol

May be it is just me, but the marketing for this product really put me off. Half the world keep asking when it will be available till face turn blue. Then suddenly make it available on a Friday, not a sat or sun day. Making it limited also did not help. Dun know if the intend was to piss people off. I was going to buy both the E-M1 MKII with the 12-100 F4 lens. the important word is "WAS". hahahaha.

I am very sure that making it limited and choosing to release it on a Friday wasn't intentional. I'm not surprised if there is a world wide shortage either. Nothing to do with marketing as you said. Marketing is defined as "The commercial processes involved in promoting and selling and distributing a product or service", so I don't see how making it available on a Friday and having limited quantity is related to marketing. What if their intent was to have it out last Saturday but shipment was delayed until yesterday? Not surprised if pricing was decided last minute as they have to decide how much to retail it for without stepping on the toes of the other region, and at the same time not making it so attractive that everyone in the world comes here just to buy a set.

That being said, good things come to those who wait. If it really is a "was" for you now, then it's a shame for Olympus but I'm sure neither the company itself nor its staff will lose sleep over this matter

Olympus really hasn't had a big success since the E-1 in 2003. I doubt that the current people know how to handle a big release such as this. When Apple started selling their phone, it was very limited, and it wasn't available everywhere. Now, within a few weeks of staggered releases they cover the world. Hopefully, Olympus will have such a problem with success. :)

I know what you mean friend hahah! I found the most comfortable Olympus camera ever was the E-1, followed by E-3/E-5 and E-M1 MKII. And well, pinky can be out for anything, Singaporeans (older ones) use it for scratching lol

I am very sure that making it limited and choosing to release it on a Friday wasn't intentional. I'm not surprised if there is a world wide shortage either. Nothing to do with marketing as you said. Marketing is defined as "The commercial processes involved in promoting and selling and distributing a product or service", so I don't see how making it available on a Friday and having limited quantity is related to marketing. What if their intent was to have it out last Saturday but shipment was delayed until yesterday? Not surprised if pricing was decided last minute as they have to decide how much to retail it for without stepping on the toes of the other region, and at the same time not making it so attractive that everyone in the world comes here just to buy a set.

That being said, good things come to those who wait. If it really is a "was" for you now, then it's a shame for Olympus but I'm sure neither the company itself nor its staff will lose sleep over this matter

like you say "Marketing is defined as "The commercial processes involved in promoting and selling and distributing a product or service","
Promoting--> "Half the world keep asking when it will be available till face turn blue"
Selling and distributing of a product --> " suddenly make it available on a Friday," and "Making it limited"

It is also true that they will not lose sleep over 1 purchase. i fully agree with you. but look that their Facebook page on the article, how many are there, i am not sure.

Any way, it is just a camera in whole big list of cameras coming out.
My intend is just to voice out my opinion. not to offend anyone.

Olympus really hasn't had a big success since the E-1 in 2003. I doubt that the current people know how to handle a big release such as this. When Apple started selling their phone, it was very limited, and it wasn't available everywhere. Now, within a few weeks of staggered releases they cover the world. Hopefully, Olympus will have such a problem with success. :)

hear you. We can only hope. many would have wanted a new toy for christmas.

In my opinion, I must say this mark II is really over-developed....

The IBIS and the larger battery is a plus...
Time to save up!~

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Hands-on Review
[video=youtube;st_3d0QQOOA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st_3d0QQOOA[/video]