E-300 and ED 50mm f/2.0 Macro Test Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evilmerlin said:
Could I trouble you to take a shot with both RAW and JPEG(@SHQ). I've tried it and just can't see the difference leh...

But hot damn! That flower shot is superb!

Damn...Should I get this lens or the 50-200 F3.5-5.6?
The flower and cat pics I posted earlier in this thread are taken in JPEG. Can definitely see the great difference between those and these latest ones, right?

Are you using ACR v2.4? If you are, remember to set the color Noise slider to zero as recommended by users in dpreview to bring out more details.

I am dreaming about getting the 50-200mm lens too but it costs about twice that of the 50mm macro. :(

mpenza said:
love the sharpness, details and colors of the cat pics :) well done! How's the autofocussing speed for non-macro distances?
The AF speed is quite fast. Seems to be faster than the Sigma 50mm EX Macro. But of course, it would depend on where the lens was last focused at, ie to change focus from close-up to infinity would take some time as with other macro lenses. Also, a bit noisy like most macro lens (except for those Canon USM lenses of course :) ).

But I really like the colour, sharpness and dynamic range of this lens. Maybe the camera also got a part to play in this?
Seems to be easier to get good images from this lens/camera combination than my Sigma macros/Canon 20D combination. :dunno:

Ok, will make a comparison. Thanks!
Oops! I meant the 50-150 f/3.5-4.5! Not the 50-200 f/2.8-3.5!

That one is about S$500+ I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.