E-10 is out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oly5050

Feb 1, 2005
ZE10C.JPG

ZE10A.JPG

Even before our E3, and even before they can launch E5, did u know there was an E10???!!!

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/E10/E10A.HTM

I din know that. Amazing how they name things. I guess this must be the precursor for the E30 then!

ZE10C.JPG

ZE10A.JPG

Even before our E3, and even before they can launch E5, did u know there was an E10???!!!

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/E10/E10A.HTM

I din know that. Amazing how they name things. I guess this must be the precursor for the E30 then!

Isnt that the Old olympus camera with fixed lens? there even E20 isnt it?

Yes, hence E-30...

Those were a great cameras.

Heh heh, I used E-10 for quite a long time before change to E-510 (shutter fail). Some amazing fact about E-10:

-Flash sync speed 1/640 (is there any DSLR can archieve that?)
-Totally no mirror vibration (no mirror actually)
-Liveview with tilt LCD (sound familiar?)

The imaginary of engineers at Olympus is great, they try many ideas in this camera.

Last edited:
Shouldn't that read "E-10 was out"? haha. Anyway, I think you'll find that the old Oly prosumers actually resemble the E1 to some extent. I'm not sure about the lack of mirror slap, however. The specs do indicate that the E10 has an OVF. So that means the beam splitter allows a constant (albeit dim) vf image while simultaneously making the image? Wouldn't that be a rather slow solution?

i believe the E-1 was based on the designs of E-10 and E-20,redesigned here and there to get the E-1

For a second I thought Oly released yet another cam... chey! :sticktong

Anyway, I know they existed, the E-10 and the E-20...

Shouldn't that read "E-10 was out"? haha. Anyway, I think you'll find that the old Oly prosumers actually resemble the E1 to some extent. I'm not sure about the lack of mirror slap, however. The specs do indicate that the E10 has an OVF. So that means the beam splitter allows a constant (albeit dim) vf image while simultaneously making the image? Wouldn't that be a rather slow solution?

Yes, you are right. A beam splitter has been used. That explain why liveview can be implemented also. However, the trade off is ISO is quite low and noise is higher.

In addition, E-10 does not use phase-detection focus. Instead, it uses infra-red focus and contrast based focus. With infra-red focus, focusing in low light is much better.

Yes, you are right. A beam splitter has been used. That explain why liveview can be implemented also. However, the trade off is ISO is quite low and noise is higher.

In addition, E-10 does not use phase-detection focus. Instead, it uses infra-red focus and contrast based focus. With infra-red focus, focusing in low light is much better.

Infra-red and contrast based focus. Sounds a little advanced for such an old camera, right?

Infra-red and contrast based focus. Sounds a little advanced for such an old camera, right?

No.
I got sony with laser assist focus, their F7x7 and F8x8 series and the focusing rocks!

I have F717. It is like 9 years ago model.

The camera beam some laser pattern and the focusing picks on those. Very accurate.
It also has infra-red illuminator (although small good enough for things like 2 meters away IN PITCH DARK. Then can take photo black and white WITHOUT ANY SOURCE OF VISIBLE LIGHT.

I am waiting for this laser focusing and infra-red flash to move to DSLR, hopefully by Olympus :lovegrin:

Yes, yes. The E-10 arrived after my C-2500L which wasn't exactly a great solution. :bsmilie: Olympus certainly is willing to try things.

They had spent so much time getting things right ergonomically, but the E-10 (and E-20) was still like the IS-series, brilliant but flawed somehow.

They had spent so much time getting things right ergonomically, but the E-10 (and E-20) was still like the IS-series, brilliant but flawed somehow.

Actually, I think Olympus is only getting it right now, and designs of the E-10/20 and E-1 were WRONG ergonomically...missing the left side of the body, not having the lens centred, etc.

i believe the E-1 was based on the designs of E-10 and E-20,redesigned here and there to get the E-1

No, the E-1 was a completely new design that set all the standards for the 4/3 E-system. Only its ergonomics was adapted from the E-10/20

The E-10/20, while being very solid fixed lens SLR designs with a terrific fast (F2.0-2.4) and contrasty lens, were really held back by their 2/3" CCD imagers.

I used to have both of them and they were great tools which helped me create many lovely images, but mostly only at the lowest ISO settings, which still are grainy. When I upgraded to the E-300 with 14-45mm kit lens, I was like 'WOW!', the image quality was a giant leap! :D

But I must say that I still miss that 35-140mm F2.0-2.4 lens on that thing.

No, the E-1 was a completely new design that set all the standards for the 4/3 E-system. Only its ergonomics was adapted from the E-10/20

The E-10/20, while being very solid fixed lens SLR designs with a terrific fast (F2.0-2.4) and contrasty lens, were really held back by their 2/3" CCD imagers.

I used to have both of them and they were great tools which helped me create many lovely images, but mostly only at the lowest ISO settings, which still are grainy. When I upgraded to the E-300 with 14-45mm kit lens, I was like 'WOW!', the image quality was a giant leap! :D

But I must say that I still miss that 35-140mm F2.0-2.4 lens on that thing.

Actually, I think Olympus is only getting it right now, and designs of the E-10/20 and E-1 were WRONG ergonomically...missing the left side of the body, not having the lens centred, etc.

I disagree completely. Not having the lens centered was a move away from your traditional SLR design and ergonomically superior to anything before them. In fact, the E-3's ergonomics is worse as some folks here will agree with me. :) If anything, Nikon's designs such as the advent of the D200 are moving towards the ergonomics of the E-1, sad to say.

LOL ergonomics is very subjective leh. No point arguing.

In your opinion. Not everything in life has to be symmetrical. ;)

The one ergonomic flaw with the E-1 is that it lacks an aperture ring. It feels amazing otherwise and I don't have to look for the controls. The E-3 is somewhat a step backward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.