Dust particles inside veiwfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpshooter

Nov 12, 2004
eddyng.fotopic.net
Found some dust partiles inside the viewfinder, anyone got advise on how to clean them away? Wondering how the dust goes in... Though it is not affecting the image, but find them irritating.

Ha ha I am also very particular on this.

On the Nikon with interchangeable screen , best to bring to Prime Camera and ask Andrew to clean it out. If you DIY can make it worse.

For some cameras like Yashica FX3/Nikkormat, the screen is fixed and it cannot be done. Or, very expensive to get it done.

Avoid hard blowing into the camera mirror area.

If you have a TLR the dust can get it very easily also. There are many gaps. For TLR it is easy to open and blow the dust lightly away. You have to do it in an air con room.

What is TLR? And where is Prime Camera, got any idea roughly how much they charge? I am using Canon 300D, can it be done?

No choice actually, I was told to live with it. If it's on the outside of the glass,
a Q tip does the trick.

sharpshooter said:
What is TLR? And where is Prime Camera, got any idea roughly how much they charge? I am using Canon 300D, can it be done?

TLR = Twin Lens Reflex. These are those very old boxy manual medium format cams with one lens atop of another, one lens for focusing and the other for taking.

Prime Camera is located just beside Cathay Photo at level 1 Peninsular Plaza.

If i were u i'd bring it to Canon for servicing and i only called them up 2 days ago and asked the price for cleaning focusing screen or viewfinder, they told me $20 and 1 hr to service.

sharpshooter said:
Thanks! I think i better spend $20 and send to Canon.

Yupz, let the local agent do the work cos they're best in doing this. I may consider sending mine down for focusing screen cleaning someday too.

Status
Not open for further replies.