dubai - Where to get a good shot of the Burj khalifa and the surrounding buildings?

Blackgoddess

Dec 5, 2008
Woodlands
hi bros,
I want to ask those who have been to Dubai, where or which building near the vicinity of the Burj Khalifa to go up to take a good panoramic shot of the Burj Khalifa with the surrounding buildings / sea at sunset/night? I'm going there next week, and i couldn't seem to find a building that can be used. Many of the photos i found are FROM the observation deck of the Burj Khalifa and i saw some shots on the Burj Khalifa website that had very good views of the Burj and the surrounding areas. I was wondering if there are any good spots in that area.

Thanks in advance!

I believe the pano shot used in the website is either done on a helicoptor, crane or an artist impression. There isn't any buildings within the vicinity that is even half the height of Burj Khalifa to give you that elevation. Also there are a lot of construction going on to be so clean.

I have tried driving along Jumeirah road and stopping at some pockets of roads unobstruted by residential buildings in the evening for front light shots. However the foreground is too cluttered. I only have 80mm with me. I think you have better results with a longer tele.

I have also tried from the Dubai Creek with back light in the evening. Again lens too short for nice silouette shot.

I have wanted to try from Dubai Mall MTR station area in the morning with the sun behind me but it is at ground level.

IMO, it is very hard to access to elevated grounds unless of course you are working in one of the nearby buildings.