Dubai: Desert Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifegauge

Feb 19, 2009
I was actually quite surprised to catch a cloudy day when we went out for a desert shoot the other day. The sand was so fine that it went into our G9's lenses, which is quite sad but well, it happens.

At least we got one nice shot :)

i3aoao.png

I know one photo is not enough to start a "series" but, let me try to dig more photos of the desert out as I clear my HDD give me some time ;p

Picture of the wife ;)
2cnjntv.jpg

This was actually not in the desert itself, but somewhere along a mountainous area. We were kind of lost in our 4x4, but found a tree anyway so decided to take a picture :)
c57ol.jpg

Camels were here ... stay away from the evidence!
10ic8kz.jpg

This was actually not in the desert itself, but somewhere along a mountainous area. We were kind of lost in our 4x4, but found a tree anyway so decided to take a picture :)
c57ol.jpg
[/QUOTE]

i liek this..

Wow! The exposure for the first shot is spot on, nicely balanced!

very nice! 2nd pic of ur wife reminds me of some CD cover. can just see the design in my head somehow. heh. :thumbsup:

@Will03 There was one more shot I took when finding our way, we came across goats!
r9ftb5.jpg

@Evilmerlin Thanks!
@fibredrive feel free to play around with the image and share it here! :)

Picture of the wife ;)
2cnjntv.jpg

c57ol.jpg

i like this too. it would have been nice if it were hot and the air is heated up from the the ground and you take it from ground level.

@waderbreak thankfully, it wasn't that hot at that time. but I'm sure it is now! getting to summer and 50 deg cel is coming to a tree near you

Very nice shots!

hmm. i might take you up on that! ;)

so you live and work in dubai?

Yes I live and work and play here :)

2 fun images taken with a group of friends in Liwa Desert (the largest sand desert in the world!)

lightssingapore.jpg

lightsuae.jpg

Update... spending a little more time on PP

leguardianweb.jpg

Above: A fort looking over the OLDEST mosque in UAE

img9314.png

Above: Fountain show below the TALLEST building in the world - the Burj Dubai

img9188.jpg

Above: Probably the ONLY place in the UAE with hot springs

img9235.jpg

Above: About to drive up one of the HIGHEST mountain in UAE (i *heart* my z4)

img9254.jpg

Above: On one of the HIGHEST mountain in UAE

107uosk.jpg

Above: A cropped fish-eye of Sheikh Zayed Mosque (aka Grand Mosque), which is the 3rd largest mosque in the world.

fnd6v4.jpg

Above: One of the pillars of the Grand Mosque.

s6m9on.jpg

Above: 2 local women - check out the full marble flooring which covers the entire mosque! *bling bling*

28rgxll.jpg

Above: Photo of the wife, best friends and me! With a 50mm.

hi, gauge, you really have a strong style of your own and they are quite unique

Picture of the wife ;)
2cnjntv.jpg

why put "the wife", shouldn't it be written as "my wife" (your wife)? :bsmilie:

by the way, she really dressed quite nicely, without the light pink, the faint blue with a lot of white and blend ochre sand may look less interesting.. if you happen to use a grad ND, could have pushed it lower to cover against the highlight

... when finding our way, we came across goats!
r9ftb5.jpg

my fav. whether the foreground is really blurred or post processed, i like the effect

s6m9on.jpg
Above: 2 local women - check out the full marble flooring which covers the entire mosque! *bling bling*

not my fav, but got to be the most iconic. the simple composition and strong elements are all magazine quality, something that i will use for a full page if i'm a magazine editor...

Status
Not open for further replies.