Dual memory 602Z question

Status
Not open for further replies.

toonstar

Dec 30, 2002
Visit site
Hi..
I have placed both CF and SD card inside the 602Z. And then selected one of them as the primary media.

what happens when the primary media is used up? Will the camera automatically changes to the next media? Nothing seems to happen when my memory for one is up..but the warning sign came up showing memory is low.

thanks for any reply.

have to change manually .. and switch off and on for the camera to initaliise the card..

there's no need to turn off and on to initialise the card. simply selecting in the menu would allow you to continue shooting. I have been doing this on and off for more than a year.

Originally posted by toonstar

what happens when the primary media is used up? Will the camera automatically changes to the next media? Nothing seems to happen when my memory for one is up..but the warning sign came up showing memory is low.

thanks for any reply.

it won't switch automatically, you have to set it up manually.
once the primary card is full, you have to manually switch over to the secondary card. It is not necessary to switch off the cam as you can go directly to the setting (switch to SET) and change from there.
Once you have done the switching of card, you can go back to your desired setting (A,P,S,M) and viola! you are ready to snap again.

Thus, mpenza is 100% correct. :thumbsup:

rgds.

Doods

Can affirm the above. No need to off/on the camera.

thanks for all the replies. Wonderful camera and wonderful forum.

Originally posted by Zerstorer
Can affirm the above. No need to off/on the camera.

Yup, no need to power off and on, btw I using 1Gb microdrive and 128Mb Fujifilm Smartmedia.

It is impossible for me. I always have to turn on and turn off the camera because of "card not initialized" warning.

It might be a faulty of mine, just mailed to Fuji for help. Really don't want my baby to be in service after 2 weeks.

Well, the boot up time of the 602 isn't really that long. A quick on-off should not disturb your shooting too much!

Could it be the difference in the brand/design of the memory cards??

finally, after more than 10 days I got Fuji's reply "Regarding your camera issue, it would be best if you could bring your camera, compact flash and smartmedia to our service centre so that we could diagnose the problem as this is the first time we encounter it too.".

Status
Not open for further replies.