Dual display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro Image said:
Check on Joho's Blog.....he has one 24 inch Dell Wide Screen Display and 2 x 19 inch CRTs.

His table is about 6 feet in length and 3 feet in width.
sorry.. it's 2 x 21" crt... :)

if you are using photoshop only, just get one big 24-30''
Dual display comes into use mainly when you are using a few applications at the same time...
Or else you will always need to stetch your photoshop window to next screen which to me is not very appropriate...
and lastly, buy 2 lcd of the same size...(colour consistency and there'll be a narrower gap between the 2 screens)

Finally decide to buy a wide screen rather than dual display.

Waiting for computer show at the end of the month..

The question is 20" or 24". haa haa

Dual display better actually... wide is good only if you're on an Apple 30" ;)

etegration said:
2 x 24" will never go wrong no matter what you do with them.

asus_post.sized.jpg

4firefoxes.sized.jpg

more @ http://manman.homedns.org:2625/geeklog2/main/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album96

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Espn, know 30" is the best.. but $$ no enuff leh.. Taken measurement on my desk.. Even dual 17" is a tight fit.. haa haa..

Kingtiger, seen ur thread on 2407.. Think quite a no of pple is buying that.. But the price of 20" and 24" is quite a gap.. So dilemma... :think:

go the 2407 man... and the extra 50 bux for 2 more years (to 5 yrs instead of 3) of 1-to-1 exchange warranty. :thumbsup:

i lose my mouse on this screen.... :sweat:

jOhO said:
go the 2407 man... and the extra 50 bux for 2 more years (to 5 yrs instead of 3) of 1-to-1 exchange warranty. :thumbsup:

i lose my mouse on this screen.... :sweat:
I havent yet seen any review on this Dell.

Usually Dell is not part of the list of displays reviewed by online mags, what's your opinion in term on image quality ? (Contrasts, colors, ...)

Thks

Firefox said:
Being able top profile 2 monitors seperately is different from being able to load 2 seperate profiles, one for each monitor. To do that under Windows, you generally need either 2 seperate graphics cards or a single graphics card that supports seperate LUT's (typically, this would be a higher-end Matrox solution).

Hi, that's true, but if you do look around, there are quite a fair bit of cards that supports dual-LUT functions.

I'm using a Xpertvision Radeon X1600Pro, and it supports this (a easy way would be to look at your control panel, and see if they have installed 2 graphics adapter drivers for your card).

AFAIK, some of the nVidia cards do have this as well.

Fiip said:
I havent yet seen any review on this Dell.

Usually Dell is not part of the list of displays reviewed by online mags, what's your opinion in term on image quality ? (Contrasts, colors, ...)

Thks

Contrast is almost as good as a CRT. You will need to get use of the colours if you do any printing. So it's all about calibrating your monitor accordingly. If not your dull image may look pretty deceiving at times. :bsmilie:

SNAG said:
Hi, that's true, but if you do look around, there are quite a fair bit of cards that supports dual-LUT functions.

I'm using a Xpertvision Radeon X1600Pro, and it supports this (a easy way would be to look at your control panel, and see if they have installed 2 graphics adapter drivers for your card).

AFAIK, some of the nVidia cards do have this as well.
oic, is this why i can load 2 profiles?

devicemanager.gif

quite surprise a cheap card can do this

quekky said:
oic, is this why i can load 2 profiles?

devicemanager.gif

quite surprise a cheap card can do this

Hi, yes, that's the one. In order to load dual LUTs, you will probably need to get a LUT loader that supports multiple monitor profiles (ie, Windows Color Applet).

binbeto said:
Finally decide to buy a wide screen rather than dual display.

Waiting for computer show at the end of the month..

The question is 20" or 24". haa haa
u can use your current 17" as a seceondary monitor to surf net, put status programs, mp3, etc. just anyhow place it. no need to be side by side

i intend to buy a 19/20" WS on the next show also and use my 17" as sec screen (see pocket enough for 20" or not)

quekky said:
u can use your current 17" as a seceondary monitor to surf net, put status programs, mp3, etc. just anyhow place it. no need to be side by side

i intend to buy a 19/20" WS on the next show also and use my 17" as sec screen (see pocket enough for 20" or not)

Ya.. thinking of that initially.. Dun intend to place side by side.. But at maybe 90-120 deg to each other. But still a lot of space needed.. haa haa.

One thing that put me off dual display is the need to have another power point. kind of max out my power point even with all the multi plug. One display also lesser wire.. :D

Since the Muay thai fighter said so.. Must be good lah.. Me waiting for next show too.. which is end of the month.

Need to get a cheapo card too.. Currently using gefore card that dun have DVI.

binbeto said:
Kingtiger, seen ur thread on 2407.. Think quite a no of pple is buying that.. But the price of 20" and 24" is quite a gap.. So dilemma... :think:

Hi binbeto, yes, I agree there is a big price gap between 20" and 24" Dell.

PM you some details, hope it helps. :)

King Tiger said:
Hi binbeto, yes, I agree there is a big price gap between 20" and 24" Dell.

PM you some details, hope it helps. :)
can pm me too???
mi interested but has already gotten a 20"...
:devil: me with a 24"

Status
Not open for further replies.