Dual display

Status
Not open for further replies.
jnet6 said:
neither...
get 2x 24". that will be big enough :devil:

not possible, table too small, room too small... my table is only 900mm across. so have to really squeeze even if getting 2 x 19".

Ramius75 said:
not possible, table too small, room too small... my table is only 900mm across. so have to really squeeze even if getting 2 x 19".
can always change table...... if you want to.
depends on indiviual...

Pro Image said:
Wahahaha.....

If you still can find Sony Trinitron 21 inch CRT for gaming and 24 inch Dell for Photo editing lor.:bsmilie:
I almost bought one today. Super sharp. But SUPER HUGE. Super heavy too. The owner showed me how his old comp table top warped from the weight.

shinken said:
I almost bought one today. Super sharp. But SUPER HUGE. Super heavy too. The owner showed me how his old comp table top warped from the weight.
100%...
so need to get solid table.

Comex coming around !

Anybody knows what kind of good deals we can expect for the 24" Dell ???

(see if I buy now or wait a bit...) :think:

King Tiger said:
1 Lucky Draw coupon from Comex with every $2000 purchase.
Wow man !!! Such a bargain !!! :bsmilie:

This is what I suspected...:rolleyes:

jOhO said:
go the 2407 man... and the extra 50 bux for 2 more years (to 5 yrs instead of 3) of 1-to-1 exchange warranty. :thumbsup:

i lose my mouse on this screen.... :sweat:

tons of problem still as reported at multiple websites. that's why i didn't wait and gotten 2 x 2407FPW instead of the 2407, the banding issues, no matter what others tell you, they don't have lah etc, all BS to me, confirm chop have! i've seen it too much and thus still loves both my 2405!

etegration said:
tons of problem still as reported at multiple websites. that's why i didn't wait and gotten 2 x 2407FPW instead of the 2407, the banding issues, no matter what others tell you, they don't have lah etc, all BS to me, confirm chop have! i've seen it too much and thus still loves both my 2407!

Sorry, I dun really understand what u say : What problems ?

What are the 2407FPW vs the 2407 :dunno:

Not very clear ???

rig2.jpg

;)

eheh stupid question from me..

how u make the desktop image spread across two screens? mine will show the same image over both screens...

jOhO said:
eheh stupid question from me..

how u make the desktop image spread across two screens? mine will show the same image over both screens...

get one large image...for example if your screen resolution is 1280x1024, then your wallpaper size should be 2560x1024. Then set your image background as tile. hope it helps..

Witness said:
eh i tink dual profiling can be done wat...juz need xp sp2 ya....

I am interested in getting a second LCD panel for my PC which has a AGP dualhead (RGB and DVI) video card, and since I calibrate my LCD panel with Spyder2, I decided to write to ColorVision for clarification. This is what I get:

"Unfortunately, the Windows operating systems do not support duel monitor calibration utilizing a duelhead video cards unless the card has two LUT's, other wise "two separate cards are required". This is an issue with the Windows OS. It is not created by the ColorVision applications.
It is a general problem for all monitor calibration products and is discussed in the support areas of all major vendors in this arena.
Only "Spyder2Pro" has the features to support multiple monitor calibration.
SUMMARY
Using PCI Express video cards eliminates the trouble with dual-head cards regarding profile association on Windows.
DETAIL
Using Spyder2PRO on Windows (XP/2K) to calibrate and profile two monitors attached to one dual-head video card can be troublesome. The usual issue is that regardless of whether you use Display Properties->
Settings-> Advanced-> Color Management -or- Profile Chooser, Windows
always assigns the SAME monitor profile to BOTH monitors.
When this happens, the solution is to use a separate video card for each monitor.
This situation appears to be changing with the release of PCI Express video cards. There are now three types of connections for video cards:
* PCI
* AGP
* PCI Express
User reports and internal testing indicates that with many, if not all, video cards using the PCI Express technology, Windows is correctly allowing the assignment of DIFFERENT monitor profiles to monitors attached to dual-head PCI Express video cards.
I have personally tested dual-head configurations (two monitors attached to one video card) with:
* ATI x600
* Matrox Parhelia
and found that Windows works correctly to assign DIFFERENT monitor profiles to each monitor.
Additionally, we have a user report that this also works correctly with:
* ATI x1300
NOTE
Of course, this has never been a problem with the Macintosh. Dual-head cards have always worked correctly on the Mac and continue to do so with the advent of PCI Express video cards in Macintosh machines.

Bob Cocciolillo
ColorVision Customer Support - USA"

So, it looks like only PCI-e video cards or two separate cards are required to produce different monitor profiles simultaneously.

He he he,

Ordered the Dell 24'' and got it at ... 1299 :thumbsup:

Easy to do actually ...

Waiting for the delivery now :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.