DSLR for $1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
:think:

lol.. where got free lunch 1...

it's included with body pricing la :sweatsm:

Still cheaper than competing brands without the sensor IS.

Is 1500 all you are going to spend? ie will you have additional budget to spend in the future?

May I suggest you take a long term view and not just buy what seems like the best value at this point in time...

Example... pentax looks like it's going to give you the best value for money right now but I hate to see the day when you realise that there are certain focal length / lenses that you would like to have but these are not available for pentax mount... regret regret... sell sell.... then buy a nikon / canon.... that will cost you even more $$$$

besides there are other things that you might not be aware of regarding these 3 brands... ever wonder why you see so many big white lenses with a red ring at the olympics? or why so many wedding photographers use nikon....

no such thing as don't have the budget for a canon... a 350d with kit lens is $11xx... ef 75-300mm $280... If i were you and I only have 1500 then i'd rather get just the canon cam + kit + cheap telephoto than to get the pentax + tripod + flash.... you can always buy the tripod and flash nxt year when you have the budget....

Why not tell him to get a sunpak/starblitz flash and save another 100++?

get a SB-400 flash save another $200

Is 1500 all you are going to spend? ie will you have additional budget to spend in the future?

May I suggest you take a long term view and not just buy what seems like the best value at this point in time...

Example... pentax looks like it's going to give you the best value for money right now but I hate to see the day when you realise that there are certain focal length / lenses that you would like to have but these are not available for pentax mount... regret regret... sell sell.... then buy a nikon / canon.... that will cost you even more $$$$

besides there are other things that you might not be aware of regarding these 3 brands... ever wonder why you see so many big white lenses with a red ring at the olympics? or why so many wedding photographers use nikon....

no such thing as don't have the budget for a canon... a 350d with kit lens is $11xx... ef 75-300mm $280... If i were you and I only have 1500 then i'd rather get just the canon cam + kit + cheap telephoto than to get the pentax + tripod + flash.... you can always buy the tripod and flash nxt year when you have the budget....

This is for my dept, so it is not up to me to decide if i have budget next yr ... though very unlikely... this sud last for quite a long time. i guess due to $ constraints will have to just buy a 350D/400D + tele-lens.

Buy at CS Buy/Sell forum ...... lelong sure got left-over :thumbsup:

ermz... i have to buy from a shop as this is for my dept and not personal use.

:)

This is for my dept, so it is not up to me to decide if i have budget next yr ... though very unlikely... this sud last for quite a long time. i guess due to $ constraints will have to just buy a 350D/400D + tele-lens.

Well, I did manage to convince my manager in my previous job that we needed a D70 kit with a PC-Micro 85/2.8D and later add another SB-600 and a Sigma 18-125. ;p A lot depends on what you need to shoot and how you convince. (He knows quite a bit about photography and that helps!)

Yeah, boss says i can buy what ever i need!!

1) 400D + kit lens [Confirmed]
2) Canon 55-200mm tele-lens [Is this gd?]
3) Flash (approx $300) [Can someone recommend me a suitable flash for tat price?]

Cheers :)

k100D is much heavier than 400D....anyone feel the same as me?

k100D is much heavier than 400D....anyone feel the same as me?

That's because the 400D feels like a cheap plastic toy.

seriously u should consider a dv cam for that kind of budget

seriously u should consider a dv cam for that kind of budget

Seriously man... Why are you telling everyone to get a DV cam? It's getting kinda old...

Seriously man... Why are you telling everyone to get a DV cam? It's getting kinda old...

the same as the others telling the ts what to get....

Yeah, boss says i can buy what ever i need!!

1) 400D + kit lens [Confirmed]
2) Canon 55-200mm tele-lens [Is this gd?]
3) Flash (approx $300) [Can someone recommend me a suitable flash for tat price?]

Cheers :)

Wah! I think you need EOS 5D, 17-40/2.8, 70-200/2.8 IS, 580EX!! :devil:

Sometimes, just wondering if a DSLR is really needed. :dunno:
S$1500 is definitely a very tight budget to play with, especially if tripod and flash
is to be included. The equipment must be new somemore.

Some prosumer cameras may even do a better job at a much lower budget and still
left some cash for accessories.

If DSLR is a must, start with just the 400D kit first.
Use it for a while, and soon you will know what is most needed.
Then spend the remaining cash on that.

Personally I will choose a D40 kit because it left me with more money to play with.
Yes, it don't have a AF motor and a limited choice of lens. Anyway, I also
don't have extra cash to buy more lens now. I can always upgrade
to a better body when I have the budget :)

That's because the 400D feels like a cheap plastic toy.

According to the weight comparison chart found somewhere in the middle of this page:
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/digital_rebel_xti-review/index.shtml

The EOS 400D weighs 510g, while the Pentax K100D weighs 560g.

Reading your aforementioned statement, i would interpret it as "400D feels lighter than K100D because it's like a cheap plastic toy"

Does that mean anything below 560g feels plastic toy to you? if that's the case, the following camera would feel even more plastic to you as they are even lighter than the 400D.

Canon Digital Rebel XT (350D)
Olympus EVOLT E-500
Samsung Digimax GX-1S

DV/HDV tape based camcorder records at higher bitrate compared to DVD based or Hard disk based camcorder.

Got a chance to play with Sony's DVD Camcorder before. I would say you'll get better quality using DV camcorder, process and convert to DVD using a PC. But of course you'll lose the conveniences DVD based camcorder would give you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.