Not open for further replies.

Kalel1975

Dec 30, 2009
Hi All,
Just need some advie on which is better to use.The Cabinet or Box?:devil:

Hi All,
Just need some advie on which is better to use.The Cabinet or Box?:devil:

each got pros on cons...

for me i'm with Cabinet cos it's way more convenient, n i felt that it's was worth to pay for one...

if u r on a tight budget, wanna save a few tens of dollars the Dry Box would be an option, but do take note that u would have to monitor the RH diligently n change/recharge ur silica beads regularly otherwise it's totally pointless to have a dry box.

I'm a lazy fellow so i stick with Dry cabinet. it boils down to how hardworking u are monitoring ur meter, in long run, changing of silica gel = more cost

I was think of the cabinet too as it much easier to maintain.

Thanks for the tips

Go for a cabinet.. the dry box is too troublesome and not very accurate.. don't waste your time and money on it :)

What's the ideal setting wrt to RH (relative humidity) and temperature setting for SLR camera, lens and video tapes?

What's the ideal setting wrt to RH (relative humidity) and temperature setting for SLR camera, lens and video tapes?
Between 45% and 50% is safe. Get a reliable hygrometer. :thumbsup:

As mentioned around 45% is good for RH - but how are you going to control the temperature? :think:

I prefer dry cabinet too. Saves me a lot of hassle. Moreover the electricity consumption is very low :)

As mentioned around 45% is good for RH - but how are you going to control the temperature? :think:

this relates to handwriting not all of us are able to maintain the same "size & pattern".

Best is to get a digital meter ones to save trouble from going near to see the analog meter whereby digital meter from far can see the reading for my cabinet.

I prefer dry cabinet too. Saves me a lot of hassle. Moreover the electricity consumption is very low :)

most of the brands are at 5watt if im not wrong

if you are busy out there shooting, you won't need them. I don't know any photographers that takes many photos(100 plus a day) ever put away their camera. save your money for prints, what use your camera if you store it?

if you are busy out there shooting, you won't need them. I don't know any photographers that takes many photos(100 plus a day) ever put away their camera. save your money for prints, what use your camera if you store it?

So you sleep with your DSLR!!!

Since this thread is already been answered.

A Dry Dry box is a drybox that stores another drybox inside, thus keeping the inner drybox from moisture. Interesting concept. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.