Dec 30, 2009
Hi All,
Just need some advie on which is better to use.The Cabinet or Box?:devil:

tunge

Mar 15, 2009
Hi All,
Just need some advie on which is better to use.The Cabinet or Box?:devil:

each got pros on cons...

for me i'm with Cabinet cos it's way more convenient, n i felt that it's was worth to pay for one...

if u r on a tight budget, wanna save a few tens of dollars the Dry Box would be an option, but do take note that u would have to monitor the RH diligently n change/recharge ur silica beads regularly otherwise it's totally pointless to have a dry box.

VainKid

Aug 1, 2009
Bedok
I'm a lazy fellow so i stick with Dry cabinet. it boils down to how hardworking u are monitoring ur meter, in long run, changing of silica gel = more cost

Kalel1975

Dec 30, 2009
I was think of the cabinet too as it much easier to maintain.

Thanks for the tips

david2011

Jan 6, 2010
Go for a cabinet.. the dry box is too troublesome and not very accurate.. don't waste your time and money on it :)

myong

Oct 10, 2007
What's the ideal setting wrt to RH (relative humidity) and temperature setting for SLR camera, lens and video tapes?

Barrios

May 19, 2002
Visit site
What's the ideal setting wrt to RH (relative humidity) and temperature setting for SLR camera, lens and video tapes?
Between 45% and 50% is safe. Get a reliable hygrometer. :thumbsup:

May 13, 2008
East
As mentioned around 45% is good for RH - but how are you going to control the temperature? :think:
this relates to handwriting not all of us are able to maintain the same "size & pattern".

Best is to get a digital meter ones to save trouble from going near to see the analog meter whereby digital meter from far can see the reading for my cabinet.

Dec 15, 2009
if you are busy out there shooting, you won't need them. I don't know any photographers that takes many photos(100 plus a day) ever put away their camera. save your money for prints, what use your camera if you store it?

Spaniard

Nov 8, 2009
Sengkang
if you are busy out there shooting, you won't need them. I don't know any photographers that takes many photos(100 plus a day) ever put away their camera. save your money for prints, what use your camera if you store it?
So you sleep with your DSLR!!!

Jul 5, 2007
AMK
Since this thread is already been answered.

A Dry Dry box is a drybox that stores another drybox inside, thus keeping the inner drybox from moisture. Interesting concept. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom