Dry Cabinet : Brand choice & Place To Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Thanks everyone for the replies. I checked with digihub. They said Analog was better as they were less electronics, I would have less chances of getting faults.

Does know anyone know a good shipper with reliable and reasonable shipping rates. Would like to send via ship.

Analog display is better.

My digihub uses digital display. Battery got drained, and the digital got spoilt.
Display is stuck to 59%.

End up, I bought an analog RH meter.

:)

get DHC model no need to worry about batteries :thumbsup:

Hmmm..., you mean 'the unit still need electricity'? :think: .

Regards,
Arto.

you will need to plug digicabi into wall for power supply...the meter to show RH don't need. digicabi runs on power

you will need to plug digicabi into wall for power supply...the meter to show RH don't need. digicabi runs on power

errr.. .. if don't plug power.. though the analog meter to show RH don't need power.. it will just go up and up and up :sweatsm:

I know digicabi (digital or analog display) needs electricity to run. But the way you said: "The meter don't need battery...the unit still needs..." will confuse many as they may think the unit (digicabi) need battery to run...

Regards,
Arto.

I know digicabi (digital or analog display) needs electricity to run. But the way you said: "The meter don't need battery...the unit still needs..." will confuse many as they may think the unit (digicabi) need battery to run...

Regards,
Arto.

oops...hahaha...my fault...

anyway can always try to let the digi-cabi RH stablise...then off the power supply...the rubber seal should keep the RH low even without power...

oops...hahaha...my fault...

anyway can always try to let the digi-cabi RH stablise...then off the power supply...the rubber seal should keep the RH low even without power...

You can try, like I did last time and the %RH went up over time. :sweat:

You can try, like I did last time and the %RH went up over time. :sweat:

over time is normal lar...sure will have minor leaks mar...but if can tahan few days almost same level then the seal is gd already...cannot expect few months also wun rise mar...

over time is normal lar...sure will have minor leaks mar...but if can tahan few days almost same level then the seal is gd already...cannot expect few months also wun rise mar...

I read that "If the door is well sealed, the RH is well maintained after you switch off the power."
Which theoretically is correct. I doubt the cabinet is a truly closed system, even if the door is closed.

I read that "If the door is well sealed, the RH is well maintained after you switch off the power."
Which theoretically is correct. I doubt the cabinet is a truly closed system, even if the door is closed.
The drying unit maynot be closed...

Thanks for all the information.

This is what I have currently:

1) Canon 100 ef macro f2.8 lens
2) Canon 28 - 105 mm ef usm lens
3) canon 100 - 300 mm ef usm lens
4) elan 7e (eos 30) body
5) Speedlite 550 ex flash.

I plan to add (not sure when):

1) Canon 100 - 400 mm / IS lens
2) Canon 500 mm lens
3) Canon eos 1 v
4) Canon speedlite 430 EX lens
5) Canon 400 mm lens

What would be a good size cabinet? I may not have both 100 -400 and 400. Also might not keep 100-300 if I get 100 - 400.

It seems quite expensive to have it shipped to India. I just want to get it shipped once.

Is 100L okay or do I need a 120 L?

thanks,
Sanjay

Thanks for all the information.

This is what I have currently:

1) Canon 100 ef macro f2.8 lens
2) Canon 28 - 105 mm ef usm lens
3) canon 100 - 300 mm ef usm lens
4) elan 7e (eos 30) body
5) Speedlite 550 ex flash.

I plan to add (not sure when):

1) Canon 100 - 400 mm / IS lens
2) Canon 500 mm lens
3) Canon eos 1 v
4) Canon speedlite 430 EX lens
5) Canon 400 mm lens

What would be a good size cabinet? I may not have both 100 -400 and 400. Also might not keep 100-300 if I get 100 - 400.

It seems quite expensive to have it shipped to India. I just want to get it shipped once.

Is 100L okay or do I need a 120 L?

thanks,
Sanjay

i was thinking 60L would be more than enough already.

currently i have my 400D with 28-300, old Konica SLR with 200mm, 28mm and 50mm, 2 flashes and 6 filters. i have so much extra space that I put abt 200 1.44mb diskettes and my old casttes inside as well. so I guess 60L should be enough for u. If you wan to play safe, get the 100L.

The interior of the box would be empty and thus a waste if your shipper goes by volume rather than weight. If this is the case, maybe you would like to ship other items inside the digi-cabi to maximise the shipment. Not suggesting you ship illiegal items. But maybe some local items or presents for your family. If the ship is by weight, then it's ok to just send it in it's original form.

tot the drying unit is within the cabinet? :think:
:bsmilie:
The drying unit (dehumidifier unit) is inside the cabinet, but it have sponge that ought to seal outside air from cabinet 'when it wet'.

Regards,
Arto.

You are right I think. I noticed my Akarui seldom turn itself on as long i do not open the cabinet door (If mine turns on, can see a red light)

The drying unit (dehumidifier unit) is inside the cabinet, but it have sponge that ought to seal outside air from cabinet 'when it wet'.

Regards,
Arto.

I noticed sponge on the outside fins, but tot that was to collect the water droplets/condensation to facilitate evaporation.

I noticed sponge on the outside fins, but tot that was to collect the water droplets/condensation to facilitate evaporation.
Correct. But what happen if no more humidity to condensate inside the dry cab? The sponge will be dry. And if dry, it will loss its air sealed capability. Some humidity will goes into dry cab, now have more humidity inside dry cab to condensate, humidity condensate into water, water go through sponge to outside, evaporate via sponge, sponge dry again, and the cycles continue...

But the system will serve its purpose, to maintain your expected low humidity inside the dry cab.

Regards,
Arto.

I have a 80L & a 100L cabinet. But dun remember seeing any sponge behind. Anyone checked to confirm if there's any sponge behind their 80L and/or 100L cabinets?

Status
Not open for further replies.