Dry box and Hand grip/strap to recommend

jaspok

Mar 22, 2010
Hi Guys, I've just got myself an A200 but looking for a good but cheap hand grip/strap. Unfortunately, there's limited camera shops in the west and I can only think of Parissilk as the nearest. I'm also looking for a decent but inexpensive dry box, I don't have a space for a dry cabinet so have to make shift for a dry box. Anyway, i use my gear @ least once a week so I guess no long term storage needed.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys, I've just got myself an A200 but looking for a good but cheap hand grip/strap. Unfortunately, there's limited camera shops in the west and I can only think of Parissilk as the nearest. I'm also looking for a decent but inexpensive dry box, I don't have a space for a dry cabinet so have to make shift for a dry box. Anyway, i use my gear @ least once a week so I guess no long term storage needed.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Hand grip can get from CS mass sales.Dry box can get from MS colour at $23:)

Btw,from west travel to central very far meh:bsmilie:

Jurong Point FP Extra got sell dry box.. 25 iirc... silica gel 3.90 / bottle

a dry cabinet wun take up alot of space, a small one is just like a small cabinet size.

its better then u get one then a dry box, this is a long term investment to keep your equipments away from fungus infestation especially sg is a humid country.

it only cost you a one time $108 (if u buy from paris silk) and a monthly electricity bill of less then $3 per month (on for 24x7). If you buy a dry box, you will put in time + effort + replenishing silica gels which i find, whats the point? :dunno:

a dry cabinet wun take up alot of space, a small one is just like a small cabinet size.

its better then u get one then a dry box, this is a long term investment to keep your equipments away from fungus infestation especially sg is a humid country.

it only cost you a one time $108 (if u buy from paris silk) and a monthly electricity bill of less then $3 per month (on for 24x7). If you buy a dry box, you will put in time + effort + replenishing silica gels which i find, whats the point? :dunno:

agree. and silica gel is not that safe. Despite indications that it is safe. The pink/blue coloring is actually carcinogenic.

Avoid touching them at all cost!!!

And I'm not sure if you microwave or oven them, will the vapour be dangerous either.

Since u already spent so much on your camera, just get a dry cab.

And oh, if you make ur box too dry, you risk drying up the oil on your lens and cracking the rubbers of sony lenses.

To Cleonbus: Tks Bro, I got my grip from Red dot photo shop. Pretty good and price reasonable, wasted my trip down to Parrisilk. The drybox I'm still considering but will drop by MS for a look.
To Sagiluck: Tks for the recommendation but what or where's FP extra? Can't find it on the listing of Jurong Point.
To Sinned79: Point taken bro, tks for your recommendation. Considering a dry cabinet of 30L.
To Aimevous: Wow, never knew about the danger of silica gel, will seriously look @ a dry cabinet soon.

Cool man!

agree. and silica gel is not that safe. Despite indications that it is safe. The pink/blue coloring is actually carcinogenic.

Avoid touching them at all cost!!!

And I'm not sure if you microwave or oven them, will the vapour be dangerous either.

The Silica Gel that turns blue to pink contains Cobalt Chloride which is indeed considered carcinogenic. There is a safe, non-toxic version though that turns from orange to green. This Silica Gel is completely safe to reactivate in the oven and to handle. I use it with my cameras as well as my phone and iPod if there is a good chance of them getting damp. I get them online from www.silicagelpackets.com - they have a great selection and carry the non-toxic form of indicating Silica Gel.

To Cleonbus: Tks Bro, I got my grip from Red dot photo shop. Pretty good and price reasonable, wasted my trip down to Parrisilk. The drybox I'm still considering but will drop by MS for a look.
To Sagiluck: Tks for the recommendation but what or where's FP extra? Can't find it on the listing of Jurong Point.
To Sinned79: Point taken bro, tks for your recommendation. Considering a dry cabinet of 30L.
To Aimevous: Wow, never knew about the danger of silica gel, will seriously look @ a dry cabinet soon.

Fairprice Extra is at Jurong Point new extension 2nd or 3rd floor:)