Don't worry too much. They are durable enough to pass Kai's test. :bsmilie:
[youtube]D1tTBncIsm8[/youtube]

here's something similar with the Sony Cyber-shot TX5 :bsmilie:

[video=youtube;w8W9qrxDeow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8W9qrxDeow[/video]

OMG this video is really cool! TBH, i didn't know the existence of these types of video! Hahaha! Anyway, watching this kinda made me feel better! Hehe thanks!

ouch sorry to hear this

as others have said, take it out to shoot and make sure all functions are ok

Hi thanks! Yes, I've just brought it out yesterday (to help my friend stalk her fav korea group), all functions worked fine! :)

I feel for you and indeed, it leave behind a very bad feeling of dropping camera.

Recently on a overseas trip, I dropped my friend's compact camera and I had it replaced with a new model upon my return. A week ago, I dropped that same brand new camera again! Luckily, the damage was not that great and the service centre was able to fix it and I need not have to pay for a new one again.

Yes, definitely leaves a very bad aftertaste!

Wah! Dropped two times, that's bad! Luckily you do not need to fork out money for a third camera!

Hopefully your camera is fine (internally). Have a friend of mine, she dropped he camera and her kit lens split into 2 parts.

Wah so jialat! I think I am considered pretty lucky! Everything works fine except for some marks on the camera! Initially, I thought my outer ring of my lens suffered some marks too, but I realised after awhile that it's actually the filter! HAHAHA! sounds stupid i know!

Wah so jialat! I think I am considered pretty lucky! Everything works fine except for some marks on the camera! Initially, I thought my outer ring of my lens suffered some marks too, but I realised after awhile that it's actually the filter! HAHAHA! sounds stupid i know!
Check whether you still can take off the filter, hopefully it's not stuck. Get a lens hood instead, the plastic material and the mounting via bayonet will prevent bumps and drops hitting the lens rim directly. My lens hood caught already some knocks.. still all is fine.
And if the filter is just a cheap one pushed across the table from the shop .. well.. it's good to remove it anyway. Worth a few bucks, does nothing but may cause flare under certain light conditions.