Droplets Sculpture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi redmonsoon, glad to see u having fun bro... like the last 2 photos :D

redmonsoon: I did use a pen to pre-focus where the droplet should be but the problem was that my droplet positions were inconsistent cos i didnt mount the dropper, just use manual 'aga-ration' to aim haha ;p

catchlights: thanks for your inputs! gonna try out again very soon :) bearing all the tips in mind this time round...

Hi pixelpixie, in order to get consistent droplet position and frequency i DIY a simple tool from plastic bottle and air valve. Hope this can help to solve your problem.
What you need is only used plastic bottle, aquarium air valve (looks like this), teflon plumbing tape, and small hook.
You can get a cheap air valve from aquarium shop.
The air valve can be attached at the bottom of plastic bottle by creating hole just big enough for the air valve thread. Use teflon plumbing tape to prevent leakage. Attach small hook at the cap of plastic bottle.

Features:
- unlike plastic bag, it's easier to refill plastic bottle.
- hook at the cap helps to keep plastic bottle steady to get consistent droplet position.
- water flow can be easily controlled by air valve.

Hope this helps. :D

Hi redmonsoon, glad to see u having fun bro... like the last 2 photos :D

Hi pixelpixie, in order to get consistent droplet position and frequency i DIY a simple tool from plastic bottle and air valve. Hope this can help to solve your problem.
What you need is only used plastic bottle, aquarium air valve (looks like this), teflon plumbing tape, and small hook.
You can get a cheap air valve from aquarium shop.
The air valve can be attached at the bottom of plastic bottle by creating hole just big enough for the air valve thread. Use teflon plumbing tape to prevent leakage. Attach small hook at the cap of plastic bottle.

Features:
- unlike plastic bag, it's easier to refill plastic bottle.
- hook at the cap helps to keep plastic bottle steady to get consistent droplet position.
- water flow can be easily controlled by air valve.

Hope this helps. :D

Hey kakashi, thanks so much for your detailed explanation. :D it certainly gave me a very clear idea on how to set up the valve thingy. appreciate the sharing of your experiences with us here and in your own thread as well!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thks Kakashi for sharing..:)

Kakashi, thanks for the information on controlling water droplets!

Good Idea .

But all i use is a Baby Milk Bottle you can just make the hole bigger to create bigger droplet.

Cheers

nice pics. never really tried this before. am tempted now. heh. thanks for sharing your knowledge too! cheers

Thks, just go ahead and try, u never know what u gonna get..lol:)

cool!!! TFS!:thumbsup:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.