Driving a van (G-plate) into Malaysia

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_lan

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
Dear friends,

anyone has any idea what procedures must be undertaken before i can drive my van into malaysia?

any tips on what and how to go about doing it?

corollax said:
Your van must be empty of goods.

thanks for your prompt reply corollax!

is that the only requirement?

must i register or seek any form of approval before doing so?

confirm cannot... even empty... you need permit from malaysia (aka must either take bus in, drive in, get permit, come back den drive van in... cos thats what my company did)

another thing you need is a registered company in malaysia to get the permit as well... which most ppl do not have.

I dun know what u r driving, but my friend drives his g-plate Kangoo up with no problems - he did call up ICA before his 1st trip to confirm. He need to open up the back each time he go out S'pore side 2 ensure not carrying goods. He then register with Malaysia DOT & now drives freely in/out w/o any problems... Good luck.

I think there's a $50 charge for entry also, that's what I heard.

ot here. what are the maintenance costs of owning such a medium to small diesel operated van? parking, insurance, road tax, diesel, etc. can a g plated be registered in an individual's name? or only a business registered name can be used. thanks.

reachme2003 said:
ot here. what are the maintenance costs of owning such a medium to small diesel operated van? parking, insurance, road tax, diesel, etc. can a g plated be registered in an individual's name? or only a business registered name can be used. thanks.

u need a registered business to own a g-pate van and also need half year of yr business's financial record in order to get a loan or else need to pay it full.
insurance is high just for the first year....the rest of the years will just depends on you........you may choose a lower price kind of insurance but of course the coverage will be different. road tax is about $300 plus for 1/2 year. diesel now is about $1/- per liter. maintenance is at $50/- for motor oil and filter for every 5000km. parking cost is almost the same compare to cars.
:)

thanks, for the info. appreciate it. registering a business includes registering an inactive sole proprietorship? or so long as one can produce a business regn cert?

reachme2003 said:
thanks, for the info. appreciate it. registering a business includes registering an inactive sole proprietorship? or so long as one can produce a business regn cert?

can log on here for more informations:-

http://www.business.gov.sg/

during purchasing your van, the salesman will need yr business registration number to check if your business exist and they need your business rubber stamp to chop on certain documents........ wonder the rules still stays. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.