:: Dragon ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolution22

Jan 18, 2009
ieme5w.jpg

Grace of a Dragon

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

everything
the processing (i've only added a +15 contrast and the fruit gradient effect)
the composition
the framing
and which ever aspect

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

the tiny details in life (in this case, the lines of the dragonfly's wing)
often, the nicest thing on earth is the tiniest details
take a break from our hectic schedule, and you'll realise life isnt as dull as you think it is

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

armed with just a PnS camera (IXUS 85 IS), i cannot expect to have the amazing details that the DSLR-users are able to snap
i cant zoom too much as details would be loss

so after studying the habits of the dragonflies, i squatted in position for about 30minutes under the hot sun for this one moment...

and i'll say, its worth it..

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

as mentioned, this picture took quite a lot of sweat from me

this is my 6th photography that i've attempted to capture a dragonfly ...
and my best so far...

contrary to what my friends all say, i"ll continue to work hard and prove that PnS arent just for snapshots

sidenote: btw, this is my first post and first thread
please do advise if i"m doing anything wrong here =)

may i have some CnC pls :)

i see that the focus is on the body... not sure if it will be better if the focus is at the eye of the dragonfly
colour of the photo is good... great combination... i guess u took lots of effort and time to pp the colour of the background

a good attempt for a start, would prefer more focus on the eyes as well. the colorful background looks abit unnatural and disrtacting.

ryan

i dont get your title. you mean grace of a dragonFLY. but yes nice detailed wings. i would have preferred if the head was facing us with the wings behind.

First of I’ll congratulate you on your first post.
secondly....if this is a PnS camera in that case it’s a good shot(for details of the wings) though the tail n head details have been lost.... well...that’s it from me, I myself being new to this forum won't comment much :cheers:
For rest of constructive criticisms we always have some senior members who are more knowledgeable and experienced :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.