Dragon, Crimson(I think) and dunno what...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheels

Nov 17, 2002
LONG KAO
photo.rogerdeng.com
Hi guys...

Took these at MOG.
Need pointers in BG and framing... comments most appreciated.

(1) Not sure what this bird's name is ....
_DSC4574.jpg

(2) Look very robotic to me ....
_DSC4486.jpg

(3) Closest I have using my current lens
_DSC4517.jpg

(4) This should be a Crimson right.
_DSC4567.jpg

(5) With a slower shutter speed
_DSC4569.jpg

Nice catch of the sun bird! Is that taken around the orchid area? What time were you there?

ccplim said:
Nice catch of the sun bird! Is that taken around the orchid area? What time were you there?

Thanks.
Yes, it was taken around the Orchid area on the far corner where the forest is ( I think). Taken around 3-4pm but sky was cloudy. :)

wheels said:
Thanks.
Yes, it was taken around the Orchid area on the far corner where the forest is ( I think). Taken around 3-4pm but sky was cloudy. :)

You mean the far left hand corner when you look at it from the enterance? How is the amount of sun birds there currently. I can hardly find any at the area behind the ticket booth :(

Hi Wheels,

the 1st bird is a Pacific Swallow... ;)

From your pics, (I may be wrong :sweat: ) my guess is that you are focusing on the centre of the bird, may I suggest that you focus on the eyes instead... that will bring out more expression :D

Madcat II said:
Hi Wheels,

the 1st bird is a Pacific Swallow... ;)

From your pics, (I may be wrong :sweat: ) my guess is that you are focusing on the centre of the bird, may I suggest that you focus on the eyes instead... that will bring out more expression :D

Thanks for the ID and tip. Will keep that in mind the next time I shoot.
Only problem for me is these birds are too active and small...never got chance to aim properly before shooting. To get a frame filling shot on them with my lens, just difficult...plus the sweat rolling down my forehead onto viewfinder ... :D .... just difficult.... but loving every minute of it. :D

Bro... congrates on your shots man... you and your cam can shoot those Zippy things with wings in the air, while I can cover land forces (creepy crawlers) only :sweat: ...

Let me know when is the next mission.

xaer said:
Bro... congrates on your shots man... you and your cam can shoot those Zippy things with wings in the air, while I can cover land forces (creepy crawlers) only :sweat: ...

Let me know when is the next mission.

Thanks bro. It was fun doing the shots. :) :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.