Don't Use Coolconnect!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
open lens is nice but i dun suppose u can get it to link directly rite.
u can't see the actual url.

Originally posted by Mystix

I think can. Saw some people already posting using openlens hosting.

Originally posted by Mystix

100% confirm can. Right click of your image in OpenLens, then copy the URL. It is not shown in the address bar, but you need to right click the image.

Originally posted by kiama
DigitalRice.com provides webspace without ads or popups but too bad they are not taking in signuos at the moment.

freewebz.com: Pay to use FTP upload, its not FREE, if not stick with their file manager. No frontpage support.

fateback.com: FTP but no frontpage support.

Any other free web Hosting site that support FTP and support Frontpage. :)

Currently using fortunecity... but have alot of ads. :(

Originally posted by sbs99
Can we have a thread listing the suitable hosting sites?
:)
sure, but it is fine too if one can list the SUITABLE hosting sites here (since many have replied/subscribe to this thread). I would like to know any other good photo hosting sites too.

Originally posted by sbs99
Can we have a thread listing the suitable hosting sites?
:)
The best is if the images can be hosted by CS itself, but it will incur higher cost since the hosted images may easily grow to Gbyte.
If CS is a community supported organisation, then probably it can offer to members for image hosting option. e.g.: member can pay monthly to get certain space. (I saw some commercial hosting can offer as low US$5.95/mo for 300Mb, which is around SG$1/30Mb/mo)
If CS is a privately owned organisation with certain interest, then it can seek for sponsorship to pay for the hosting, thus members' images are hosted free.

As a photography forum, it is necessary to ensure the integrity of images posted here, so that the threads may be archived for long period without the risk of losing some of its images due to broken links.

Originally posted by tsdh

The best is if the images can be hosted by CS itself, but it will incur higher cost since the hosted images may easily grow to Gbyte.
If CS is a community supported organisation, then probably it can offer to members for image hosting option. e.g.: member can pay monthly to get certain space. (I saw some commercial hosting can offer as low US$5.95/mo for 300Mb, which is around SG$1/30Mb/mo)
If CS is a privately owned organisation with certain interest, then it can seek for sponsorship to pay for the hosting, thus members' images are hosted free.

As a photography forum, it is necessary to ensure the integrity of images posted here, so that the threads may be archived for long period without the risk of losing some of its images due to broken links.

wow $1/30mb is a good price. Anyway, I second this suggestion. A webspace with ftp support will do.

Your pleas and suggestions on webspace are being heard - in fact, this was something we had discussed long time back, but talking and implementing are 2 different beasts.

We want to create something that all CS'ers will be able to use and enjoy for a long time to come.

As they say "Akan Datang" and "Watch This Space". ;)

What to know the obesession with homex?

Well, in sg, it is so fast that ftp commands feels like is it just over a local LAN. Yes, it is that fast, instataneous response, eg just like DOS. :p

Eg, mkdir pics, cd pics, bi, put xxx.jpg, bye.

Very fast, responsive. But their overseas connect is rumored to be a pathetic 128kbps. Ouch.

I suggest netfirms.com, 25 megs but much slower than coolconnect (in terms of response time, but download speed is okay lah :)). FTP support also. :) Overseas users try and see if the speed is good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.