sweeper

Mar 25, 2005
Hi,

Would like to seek some advise here,
I am helping my friend to interpolate some files for large prints
so here are some questions -

- Is there any standard size / ratios for large prints like 8R
the sizes can be from 1m x 1m to 1m by 3m etc for wall mount
is there any recommended ratio for ease of printing ?

- some of the source files are from DX format DSLR , e.g. 6-12m MP
how much can I push by photoshop interpolate

- is there a recommended rule of thumb / standard for dpi when doing interpolate

- anything else i need to know (like color profile testing , etc)

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

Would like to seek some advise here,
I am helping my friend to interpolate some files for large prints
so here are some questions -

- Is there any standard size / ratios for large prints like 8R
the sizes can be from 1m x 1m to 1m by 3m etc for wall mount
is there any recommended ratio for ease of printing ?

- some of the source files are from DX format DSLR , e.g. 6-12m MP
how much can I push by photoshop interpolate

- is there a recommended rule of thumb / standard for dpi when doing interpolate

- anything else i need to know (like color profile testing , etc)

Thanks in advance :)

Once you get over Poster size all works become custom printing jobs.

The maximum sizes you can print per sheet are about 1.2m x 50m long if using a Durst Lambda professional printer or the equivalent Kodak machine. You can get a little wider by using a RIP script plotter.

Standard printing dpi is 225 to 300 dpi.

A 12mb DX format print can work well up to about 10m x 6m (the biggest I've done from a D2x)

Firstly discuss the matter in detail with the prolab doing the printing. For really big jobs that will be viewed from a fair distance you can drop the DPI a bit. They will give you far more detailed and accurate information than I or anyone else can as a lot of the material is printing machine specific.

For prints that size use adobe1998 colour space and TIFF files. Profile your system accurately and print 8x10 test prints before doing the full size prints. There will be colour variation anyway as no profiling system will give 100% accuracy.

Once you get over Poster size all works become custom printing jobs.

The maximum sizes you can print per sheet are about 1.2m x 50m long if using a Durst Lambda professional printer or the equivalent Kodak machine. You can get a little wider by using a RIP script plotter.

Standard printing dpi is 225 to 300 dpi.

A 12mb DX format print can work well up to about 10m x 6m (the biggest I've done from a D2x)

Firstly discuss the matter in detail with the prolab doing the printing. For really big jobs that will be viewed from a fair distance you can drop the DPI a bit. They will give you far more detailed and accurate information than I or anyone else can as a lot of the material is printing machine specific.

For prints that size use adobe1998 colour space and TIFF files. Profile your system accurately and print 8x10 test prints before doing the full size prints. There will be colour variation anyway as no profiling system will give 100% accuracy.

Thanks for the advise , :)

First, are you doing lab printing or ink jet printing? Locally, in SG, most ink jet printer will be using 75dpi for printing.

If you're doing ink jet printing, best to go down and check their pront outs first.

Status
Not open for further replies.