Dog Meat sold in Sg? (source: HWZ)

Zeisser said:
Could be a spelling error on menu 'Braised Dog meat' maybe should spell as 'Braised Hog meat' ?

Might for english but the chinese words looks and sound very different between hog/pig and dog

anyway, if the meat, whatever meat, and also livestock, import into Singapore without AVA approval, are all consider illegal.

so now the question is, where do the restaurant get their dog meat from? is it stray dog on the street? or dogs went missing or being abandon by owners, or just simply buy from pet shops?

me and my family and relatives just ate our dinner over there yesterday night...

not to worry as they have claimed that the dog meat is actually fake...
so what now?
a restaurant deceiving customers, what are the things they use to serve you?

catchlights said:
so what now?
a restaurant deceiving customers, what are the things they use to serve you?

Eh... It happens. Most venison 鹿肉 in zichar stores are actually meat from old male pigs.

it is culture lar. In South Korea (officially the Republic of Korea), dog meat is eaten nationwide and all year round, although it is most commonly eaten during summer.

can google it.

and shark fin. we were asked not to consume them not because of cruelty . but to prevent them from extinction.

if i am raised in other country and dog meats are common, then I will eat them too.

remember when you was a kid, when your parent asked you to eat this and that, you have to eat. else you will get a good scolding/caning.

Last edited:
when you kill a chicken or duck or fish, you don't see any expression (unlike in the disney cartoons). however, dogs can mimic human emotions. and they have this ability to look sad or happy. and when you kill them.. they whimper in pain and you can see the expression. how the chinamen in the trade kill the dogs is downright brutal. that's why many countries abhor it.

Do you have fish as pet to make such a non-sensical statement that you don't see any expression. Make a trip to chinatown and educate yourself how fish is being killed. Try to find 1 that did not put up a struggle.d

Don't be a moron go and learn why people resort to eating insect and wild animal.

Last edited:
Eh... It happens. Most venison 鹿肉 in zichar stores are actually meat from old male pigs.
so you are saying when someone ordering this at some zhchar stores.......

bambi-460_1008262c.jpg

but was being serve this instead?

Pumbaa.jpg

catchlights said:
so you are saying when someone ordering this at some zhchar stores.......

but was being serve this instead?

Ben, wild boar different from old male pigs ley.

But yes, that is what I was told by my many relatives in the food business. They use meat tenderizer on the meat.

ninelives said:
it is culture lar. In South Korea (officially the Republic of Korea), dog meat is eaten nationwide and all year round, although it is most commonly eaten during summer.

Winter la bro.

sinned79 said:
yeah, that's what i heard too... they process the meat with some type of flour to make the meat very tender.

Meat tenderizer bro.

Its illegal in S'pore.
However, its certainly not immoral.
Just a difference in culture and perspectives.

Well... don't see anything wrong with eating dog. Although I don't eat dogs, but that is just me. I have nothing against anyone else eating dog (unless that dog is my pet)...

For that matter, I don't eat Beef too... but that is for religious reason only.

Do you have fish as pet to make such a non-sensical statement that you don't see any expression. Make a trip to chinatown and educate yourself how fish is being killed. Try to find 1 that did not put up a struggle.d

Don't be a moron go and learn why people resort to eating insect and wild animal.

Spider deep fried in garlic oil in Cambodia… Mmmm… wish I could get some here... :thumbsup:

people argue that it's not right because dogs are "man's best friend".. that we keep them as pets.

American rights groups say that it's barbaric. but for chinese people it's considered a delicacy. well.... ancestral chinese did eat dogs' meat as well..

but i'll take a stand. dogs are not meant for the menu in a restaurant. and in singapore it's illegal. because the SPCA said so. and i believe it's so.

when you kill a chicken or duck or fish, you don't see any expression (unlike in the disney cartoons). however, dogs can mimic human emotions. and they have this ability to look sad or happy. and when you kill them.. they whimper in pain and you can see the expression. how the chinamen in the trade kill the dogs is downright brutal. that's why many countries abhor it.

i guess hooking a fish up and seein it dangle with pain is expressionless to you eh? How about slicing the chicken through the throat, ok too eh?

u think only dogs have feelings? making lots of sense here.