Does your public transport fares increase/decrease after 3 July 2010?

Does your bus/MRT fares increase/decrease after 3 July 2010?

Results are only viewable after voting.

I'll leave this till the end of the month or when it reaches a 100 or more votes. Then I'll send an email to ST about it. No guarantees that it will be published but if ST can base a straw poll off 40 people in an MRT station and conclude that it is indeed helping 2/3s of the people then this should tell them something is wrong. There is another poll going on in HWZ as well.

I think the problem is people whose fares increased will make noise and poll. People who are happy about the decrease will not bother to complain or poll and hence they will keep quiet. So this poll will skew towards increase.

erm..... lotsa people i spoke to on the streets complain that there fares increased. my increase on my daily necessary journey. the only decrease i experienced was i cam came back from the airport to bukit batok and from changi village to bukit batok. so i should make sure i take more of these journeys in order to benefit from the goodwill of the transport services?:confused::confused::confused:

I think the problem is people whose fares increased will make noise and poll. People who are happy about the decrease will not bother to complain or poll and hence they will keep quiet. So this poll will skew towards increase.

Hi bro, are you saying that this poll is biased?

I have asked a lot of my friends, and about 90% of them said that their bus fares acutally increased, either daily or weekly on average.

we are becoming like Japan soon ... transportation will cost more and more

From the result, only about 10% of the respondents fare decreased. Not exactly the same as what was advertised.

My usual MRT fare (concession rate) from Serangoon Centre to SGH was $0.73.
Now $1.05. An 43.8% increament. :angry: