Does this looks like "backfocus" issue on DA15?

ultimaza

Jun 6, 2010
Jurong
Hi,

Any DA15 users out there who can advise on this?

I used single spot focus and focus on any object and found that it always blur.

I did some tests and found that the objects that is 2 to 3 cm behind of what I focus on is sharper. Does this sound like backfocus problem?

Test Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53532606@N02/sets/72157624857391692/

It does look like backfocusing. It only happens with the DA15?

Front/Back focusing is a combination of the camera and lens. Can't confirm it's the camera or the lens or both unless you do comparison test (between different camera bodies and lenses).

Another thing worth mention is that the actual focusing 'spot' is not really a spot but rather a small area. I suggest you put the batteries a bit further apart (looking from the front, just like in your photos), so to make sure that the focusing is indeed on the battery that you want it to focus.

I have some backfocusing issues with my da15 too on the k10d especially. You could either switch to manual focusing or use the lens focus correction feature. Don't have to send for calibration imho.

It does look like a back focus issue but suggest you confirm by taking a half body shot of a friend standing in front of a feature wall in day light condition. Far more revealing than the battery test shots.

Seems like you were at Emjay recently. Didn't you get Kevin to investigate the problem? He can recalibrate it for you easily.

Alternatively, if you are the hands on type, you can try the debug mode in this link.

http://ricehigh.blogspot.com/2010/01/k-x-debug-mode-tutorial-af-adjustment.html

Kevin tried the len on his k-x and got the same results. I have a shot on the face taken and looks blur as well.

So didn't Kevin attempt to adjust the focus ?

Mine was new, so getting an exchange from Emjay when new stock arrive. btw, i tested using the k-x Debug mode and a focus-adjustment of +200um give me a more correct focus.