Does sports photographer's lens look like this in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
Does not own any mid to long tele, but always think they are long and some are bazooka like.

temp01.jpg

saw this korean movie and did a dvd frame capture. these guys are shooting an open stadium boxing event, should be at least 20m from the stage, and probably much further.

is it really that short in the past? moreover the 35mm at that time probably means the focal length is shorter than now.

could be mirror reflex lens..500mm f/8 :think: :bsmilie:

Maybe photogs and publishers then weren't so nickpicky about the technical quality of shots and could live with seriously grainy pix from extreme enlargements from film?

Maybe those are just ordinary folks, with no real requirement for capturing photos other than for keepsakes in their albums? Back then, SLRs were as synonymous as today's digital P&S.

Does not own any mid to long tele, but always think they are long and some are bazooka like.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/zoossh/temp01.jpg

saw this korean movie and did a dvd frame capture. these guys are shooting an open stadium boxing event, should be at least 20m from the stage, and probably much further.

is it really that short in the past? moreover the 35mm at that time probably means the focal length is shorter than now.

Do koreans make SLRs?

Do koreans make SLRs?

i remember seeing a local brand before, but have no idea about its quality or if it is original in Korea. as for DSLR, samsung rebadged older pentax models with some software differences and is cheaper. however, i dun foresee the koreans, the taiwanese or the chinese, to have any significant play in the optic industry for the next 10-20 years, as it takes some precision industry and good glass making industry to support this field, and so far there is no grounds. the koreans are leading in the LCD industry and the taiwanese are leading in many electronic hardware such as laptops and computer hardwares. but there is still a long way....

I think low-cost "Phoenix" brand of lenses are made in Korean...

pattern nia...

kua hee si gong kia, zho hee si siao kia...

actually the korean movies are mostly made at very high standards. another shot from the same movie shows another camera, which seems to write Fujika.

PDVD_000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.