Do you think this is correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silence Sky

Deregistered
Sep 5, 2006
Destroy and re-build when everything is in good form and in perfect order. :think:
What is the real purpose: for economy expansion; to build a world class habitat?
The tiles were laid less then 2 years ago at my parent's place, if I remember correctly.

I think a world class habitat with people warmth does not need for everything to be sparking new.

VoidDeck.jpg

VoidDeck1.jpg

VoidDeck2.jpg

it makes money change hands, create jobs. also, do you think you have say? no. you only listen. ;)

it makes money change hands, create jobs. also, do you think you have say? no. you only listen. ;)

It is very heart pain to see good money being spent this way.
I still saw alot of elderly plowing the neighbourhood for newspaper and aluminiun cans.:dunno:

contractors not in the Green movement mah. it's a serious waste of $$ & an inconvenience to users. :thumbsd:

upgrade, upgrade! e same w/ ppl upgrading their mobile phone (or DSLR?) jus to have e best of wads new. :think:

Destroy and re-build when everything is in good form and in perfect order. :think:
What is the real purpose: for economy expansion; to build a world class habitat?
The titles were laid less then 2 years ago at my parent's place, if I remember correctly.

I think a world class habitat with people warmth does not need for everthing to be splarking new.

VoidDeck.jpg

VoidDeck1.jpg

VoidDeck2.jpg

There could be a whole lot of reasons for the change.

For starters, those old tiles are not textured and are extremely slippery when exposed to rain. This is especially so when the tiled area is not sheltered. In this case, its for safety.

If you have an issue with it, bring it up with the respective town council. What's the point of asking opinions in here.

If you have an issue with it, bring it up with the respective town council. What's the point of asking opinions in here.

Kit has just brought up the safety factor and is a very good point.:)

some people like new tiles mar

just because you are very kind and pragmatic doesn't mean everybody is :(

link

The Town Council had previously received complaints on staining of the lift lobby floor tiles from residents. Despite regular maintenance, the Town Council could not fully remove the stains which had slowly etched into the tiles over a period of time.

last time my area, the lift lobby replace tiles cos got problem, straight away got people complain to town council that the whole estate looks like it's a mess.. one block got different tiles. so you say, how? how to please everybody? i am more than happy to live in a home where there is no sheltered walkway between bus stops, etc.. but hey, people lazy to bring umbrella, so now there is a sheltered walkway. more things to replace, more things to complain about, yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

some people like new tiles mar

just because you are very kind and pragmatic doesn't mean everybody is :(

link

last time my area, the lift lobby replace tiles cos got problem, straight away got people complain to town council that the whole estate looks like it's a mess.. one block got different tiles. so you say, how? how to please everybody? i am more than happy to live in a home where there is no sheltered walkway between bus stops, etc.. but hey, people lazy to bring umbrella, so now there is a sheltered walkway. more things to replace, more things to complain about, yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
The real problem is that someone didn't choose the correct type of tiles in the first place.......

HS

There could be a whole lot of reasons for the change.

For starters, those old tiles are not textured and are extremely slippery when exposed to rain. This is especially so when the tiled area is not sheltered. In this case, its for safety.

Agree, safety could be the reason.
I think we are paying for the expansive mistake. The slippery tiles should not be chosen in the first place.

They also hacked the cement, where it is not slippery and people do not walk on them. No cracks and no pot holes, just look abit tarnished that's all.
Got to wait and see what they replace it with. I am not suprise if they lay cement again, just like they did it for other blocks.

Voiddeck4.jpg

The thread seems to be inviting undesired comments about how the government spends its taxes and so forth, which never leads anywhere but a moderator induced thread closure. If people can make responsible comments and commentary it'll be a joy but that never happens. Kit did make a good point, but 10 others will never have anything good to contribute.

Anyway, sorry to intrude...

The thread seems to be inviting undesired comments about how the government spends its taxes and so forth, which never leads anywhere but a moderator induced thread closure. If people can make responsible comments and commentary it'll be a joy but that never happens. Kit did make a good point, but 10 others will never have anything good to contribute.

Anyway, sorry to intrude...

good pt. looking at the big picture instead of jumpin on the government all the time.

the debate could be on why the tiles are not changed if someone witnessed someone falling due to the wet tiles after a rain..

we may never know what is the true reason behind the change, but at least it is for the better.. i hope.. :)

The real problem is that someone didn't choose the correct type of tiles in the first place.......

HS

bro, my tiles different from slippery tiles

this one is got stain

you got special tile immune to stain? :dunno:

or more specifically, you got special tile that everybody will be happy with forever? that is the tile that every government needs.. once you find that tile, you can rule the world :devil:

good pt. looking at the big picture instead of jumpin on the government all the time.

No..No..
I think don't the goverment is invloved here and its is not about taxes.
It is about our needs and how things are being done.

Just want to find out more about why the tiles are being replaced and how it should be done for the better.

the debate could be on why the tiles are not changed if someone witnessed someone falling due to the wet tiles after a rain..

we may never know what is the true reason behind the change, but at least it is for the better.. i hope.. :)

Interesting...

When it is raining and wet, people are suppose be walking under the covered walk way and not on the wet titles, right?

Or maybe, the person who fell is a person of importance.

or say, after the new tiles are laid and I fell down, how? Change again for Silence Sky?

I just creating some debating points.....hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.