Do you think technology had turn against us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is just a rebuttal to your suggestion that taking photos of an ATM refilling progress is an illegal act. I personally will not intend to take such photos either, not because it is illegal, but because it does not incline with my photography aims, just as I do not take pictures of fireworks, insects, plants etc.

Also, I'm not sure daring someone on an online forum to do something is a worthy rebuttal to a point made.

Sure,

I will greatly anticipate wat u suggested. Saying one's mind is one level, able to practise wat one preach is another.

:bsmilie:

Certainly, for me, I wont shoot a scene or something that will land me into undesirable trouble with authorities. SHooting the ATM refilling progress as one's way of enjoyment? Gosh....

It is just a rebuttal to your suggestion that taking photos of an ATM refilling progress is an illegal act. I personally will not intend to take such photos either, not because it is illegal, but because it does not incline with my photography aims, just as I do not take pictures of fireworks, insects, plants etc.

Also, I'm not sure daring someone on an online forum to do something is a worthy rebuttal to a point made.

now now.... who is saying that "taking photos of an ATM refilling progress is an illegal act"? or did u imply that "taking photos of an ATM refilling progress is an illegal act"? and what is your intention of taking photos of an ATM refilling process?

The CISCO security officers may not have the authority to question or detain you. However they can request the Police to investigate on the pretext of ATM theft because of your suspicious actions.

So, if it inclines with one's photography aims, whats next?

:flame: alert!

Calm down calm down! It's one's perogative to choose whatever he wants to do! But then, if get caught also one's own fault, I guess, especially if he was AWARE of what the consequences were in the first place! :bsmilie:

And I cant believe the police said its OK to take photographs of these guards in duty. So, can we also take a snap at the Cisco guards guarding the ATM when money is being inserted in? Its a pubilc place afterall?

I believe some will do that, if the guards have no rifles in hand...

hahahaa

Certainly, for me, I wont shoot a scene or something that will land me into undesirable trouble with authorities. SHooting the ATM refilling progress as one's way of enjoyment? Gosh....

I based my deduction on the above. Upon further review, perhaps I may have read it the wrong way. That said, I reiterate that I do not believe that taking photos of an ATM refiling process is an illegal act.

Theft? There's nothing stolen at that point in time so I doubt there's any probable cause. Even if they take the trouble to, there's no skin off my nose. I can easily tell the police that I am just taking it for my own enjoyment, unless they intend to charge me with a crime.

If I choose to walk away before the police arrive, and if you were the CISCO guard, do you think you have sufficient grounds to detain me until the police arrive? And risk a wrongful confinement/restraint charge? :) Perhaps so, as what the recent cowboy CISCO van being photographed ona double yellow line tried to do. They should be thankful the person who photographed them didn't file a magistrate's complaint.

now now.... who is saying that "taking photos of an ATM refilling progress is an illegal act"? or did u imply that "taking photos of an ATM refilling progress is an illegal act"? and what is your intention of taking photos of an ATM refilling process?

The CISCO security officers may not have the authority to question or detain you. However they can request the Police to investigate on the pretext of ATM theft because of your suspicious actions.

Nothing's next, I'll just shoot and be on my way :)

So, if it inclines with one's photography aims, whats next?

Errr.. If you have read some academic papers/writings on this issue of technology and surveillance nations/societies, you'll see this term and it's variant "panoptic" quite often. Go wiki. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.