do you think he would survive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, have you felt that your veins are like jumping or you feel some sensation, but can't explain why? It's due to the valves in our veins.
GMAN

Cool! It's been bothering me for years and I have no answer to it! I finally understand now! I thought I have some nervous problem or something. Thanks :bsmilie:

Well, based on what i've learned, he can survive. But he needs treatment within an hour or so. The beauty of out veins is that most ateries have a valve system. So in an even like his legs cut off, some of the main ateries will shut of the valves.

Sometimes, have you felt that your veins are like jumping or you feel some sensation, but can't explain why? It's due to the valves in our veins.

But it's definitely going to hurt bad for him, plus the legs are totally useless. Optical nerves have been damaged and his spinal cord ripped from his legs. But this is a very rare case whereby a guy run over a truck survives, plus, his body gets cut into half. Most do not survive the impact at all. His helmet had saved him from serious head injuries. And i believe the truck must have dragged his body in the rear wheels for some distance causing they body to tear.

Kinda sad for him.

GMAN

err, iirc, only veins have valves, arteries do not have them. its for lack of pressure actually... the thing that seals of your arteries from bleeding to death in small cuts and such is your platelets clotting factors. But if you slash your major artery, it will take a long time to clot. Shock and such will step in 1st actually if you suffer excessive lost of blood suddenly.

btw, since when there is optical nerves involved?

err, iirc, only veins have valves, arteries do not have them. its for lack of pressure actually... the thing that seals of your arteries from bleeding to death in small cuts and such is your platelets clotting factors. But if you slash your major artery, it will take a long time to clot. Shock and such will step in 1st actually if you suffer excessive lost of blood suddenly.

btw, since when there is optical nerves involved?
Yes, i do know those. But as you can see in the video, his blood flow from the leakage is not very heavy. Platelets and clotting stop bleeding. I do know that. That's why when your atery is cut, we apply pressure to stop the bleeding. And to stop bleading, the body produces something called plasma fluid, that blocks the point of the open cut.

Which part of optical nerves are you asking? What i meant was that his nerves are most likely damage due to the rip of his body. Nerves end at your legs, right at the toes. Just for your info.

GMAN

Yes, i do know those. But as you can see in the video, his blood flow from the leakage is not very heavy. Platelets and clotting stop bleeding. I do know that. That's why when your atery is cut, we apply pressure to stop the bleeding. And to stop bleading, the body produces something called plasma fluid, that blocks the point of the open cut.

Which part of optical nerves are you asking? What i meant was that his nerves are most likely damage due to the rip of his body. Nerves end at your legs, right at the toes. Just for your info.

GMAN

u did write optical nerves, which i query, u ask me back instead... u winner... :thumbsup:

u did write optical nerves, which i query, u ask me back instead... u winner... :thumbsup:
Yes MR. moderator, i did write that. Because my stand was that his nerves would have been damaged. If you thought veins and nerves were together than i think you are the WINNER.

GMAN

Yes MR. moderator, i did write that. Because my stand was that his nerves would have been damaged. If you thought veins and nerves were together than i think you are the WINNER.

GMAN

stop using MR Moderator... if u can't write properly, dun blame me. i ask a question, u beh song moderator, go bang the wall, not my problem.

stop using MR Moderator... if u can't write properly, dun blame me. i ask a question, u beh song moderator, go bang the wall, not my problem.
You gave me an infraction for calling you with respect?

Anyway, i put my original quote again.

"Well, based on what i've learned, he can survive. But he needs treatment within an hour or so. The beauty of out veins is that most ateries have a valve system. So in an even like his legs cut off, some of the main ateries will shut of the valves.

But it's definitely going to hurt bad for him, plus the legs are totally useless. Optical nerves have been damaged and his spinal cord ripped from his legs. But this is a very rare case whereby a guy run over a truck survives, plus, his body gets cut into half. Most do not survive the impact at all. His helmet had saved him from serious head injuries. And i believe the truck must have dragged his body in the rear wheels for some distance causing they body to tear.

Kinda sad for him.

GMAN"

It's shown there clearly. Maybe you just don't like me. I feel sad.

GMAN

You gave me an infraction for calling you with respect?

Anyway, i put my original quote again.

"Well, based on what i've learned, he can survive. But he needs treatment within an hour or so. The beauty of out veins is that most ateries have a valve system. So in an even like his legs cut off, some of the main ateries will shut of the valves.

Kinda sad for him.

GMAN"

It's shown there clearly. Maybe you just don't like me. I feel sad.

GMAN

Already explained to you in the 2nd pm, u choose this root, not my issue. Enjoy your break.

Btw, in such accident, how would his optical nerve / optic nerve be affected? I've given you my explanation in pm.

FYI:

The optic nerve leads from the posterior aspect of the globe of the eye and this continues into the optic chiasm and then into the brain proper.
Since we have a pair of eyes, there are TWO optic nerves in each human body.

So the nerves damaged in such a nasty accident would be other types of nerves. Unless the victim sustained a large blunt force shearing trauma to his head, the optic nerves would remain intact and protected.

Cheers

ok.. to TS, did the poor guy survive?

ok.. to TS, did the poor guy survive?

i was trying to find some follow ups about this man from vietnam... i thought i found it, but apparently, the one i saw was the man from china who was also cut in half and survived(the pic i posted previously)... anyways, i hope he suvived!

Status
Not open for further replies.