Do you know where to get Sewing Machine in good price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haze said:
Really.. u must be good in that. I heard of Cash Converter. But I have a very bad mindset :( i don't like second hand thing. -.,-... The lady from Courts (near my home) said if i buy from her.. i can go back anytime to ask her about the sewing.. she said as long as i want to learn will teach me. Sound good right.. i have 6 skirts to amend.. can bring one by one to ask her :p

i think courts is a good idea too. the promoters are usually very helpful and very patient. try to get extended warranty too.

Haze said:
huh my skirts cost $10 only.. send to fast east include bus fare and alteration charges.. will cost $10 liao ;o

if you calulate like that i got nothing to say, if your skirt $10 but need to dry clean only are you going to wear until it smell or send it to dry clean or throw away after you wear cos the cheapest dry cleaners do it for about $3 or more?

its not the actual value per say but the perspective value of things.

You can do shopping at Far East right?

kahheng said:
Hmm, why don't you send your mother-in-law for the lessons instead? Wasn't it your plan to make her use the sewing machine for you? kekekeke (No wonder there are all these stories about daughter-in-laws) :bsmilie:

no lah.. send her for lessons.. she where got time to do housework and cook AI XI meals for us leh :p.. my plan is send myself for lessons ;P.. then sew her a nice clothes for New Year ^^..

alfonso said:
i think courts is a good idea too. the promoters are usually very helpful and very patient. try to get extended warranty too.

Courts give free extended warranty ;o?

Belle&Sebastain said:
if you calulate like that i got nothing to say, if your skirt $10 but need to dry clean only are you going to wear until it smell or send it to dry clean or throw away after you wear cos the cheapest dry cleaners do it for about $3 or more?

its not the actual value per say but the perspective value of things.

You can do shopping at Far East right?

hehe the clothes i bought no dry clean require ^^..
Now I don't go far east anymore.. it's outdated to me liao. I go to Bugis Village now :p

go Peninsula alter clothes. much cheaper lah.. piang..

clothes at Far East quite hip what. bugis one.. i dont like them nowdays. abit too flowery for my taste :X

mine is big alteration leh.. got to cut and sew again thou.. anyway i want to do it myself ^^

Haze said:
mine is big alteration leh.. got to cut and sew again thou.. anyway i want to do it myself ^^

wah i envy you leh, got such patience. im very tomboyish one & suck at handiwork :(

most of the time if the clothes dont fit me, either i give them away or just buy new one :bsmilie:

okie gal, good luck to you then ;)

:embrass: i just hope i am not 3min hot.

any1 kno if there r other kind of mechanism 2 control sewing speed other than step pedal?

i only need slow speed most times 2 sew my stuff. my workmanship very crude, i cant do big items. done simple stuff 4 my tripod- sewn strap loops, & handle strap so i can do w/o a tripod bag. hehee...;p

my Colleague told me now watson is promoting a portable small sewing machine.. i am going to check it out.. i will update you ok ^^..

I saw the portable sewing machine liao. Look so toy!.. very handy but i don't quite like it.. look no kick.. i think use liao might no kick too :(

Don't bother with those toy sewing machines. They are of the single loop type ie. use only 1 spool of thread. So if the machine misses a loop or if you don't tie the ends properly at the end of the sewing, the whole thing will unravel. Very waste of time. Second hand machines are worth a look if you don't use it very often. Of course have to test run before you buy. see if got funny sounds when the machine runs. Must run very smoothly or else means previous owner did not maintain properly by oiling regularly.

ic.. maybe i go cash converter find if have a cheap cheap one and see if i like it..

Status
Not open for further replies.