Do you clear your car before servicing?

Do you remove all items from your car before sending to workshop?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Nah. I've worked with many cars since young. And i can tell from the sound if the car has a problem or not.

while it may sound snob, i do know of old timer mechanics in hk who race for leisure formerly and can identify problems by listening and looking underneath the car. But they are pretty much hands on every working day as their extreme passion and work are fused into one.

while it may sound snob, i do know of old timer mechanics in hk who race for leisure formerly and can identify problems by listening and looking underneath the car. But they are pretty much hands on every working day as their extreme passion and work are fused into one.

ya, think many of them do this to tune the engine.

You got a sensitive ear....try not to pay attention to it....it will goes away after a while :thumbsup:

sensitive ear is true. did hearing test before at ENT and the doctor commented "you can hear a pin drop in a room".

agree just forget about the noise and just drive - pump up the (radio) volume to mask it :)

Wow, hanky panky with the car parts? AFAIK, some car agents' satellite service stations are actually run by sub-cons. But the agent does control and monitor the service level strictly. For my previous car, some paint on the fender got stripped, probably some corrosive liquid spilled onto it. Very small droplets, but I told the service manager. The manager arranged for my car to be re-sprayed, and gave a free next servicing. So happened the next servicing was a major one, and it was entirely free.

For the current car, from my in-car recording, I could see the mechanics take the car for test drive after each servicing. When I fed back on sounds from the brake, they actually took the car to a deserted car park to test. :thumbsup:

Cashcard is a must to take out as most dealers prefer not to
have any misunderstanding. In fact some customers take out cashcard but leave their notebook and bunch of coins and some notes in the tray.

Why do you worry about losing a few coins or some coupons when there are more important things to be aware of?

To me, i am much more concerned how the mechanic does up the car. I am also careful not to send to the wrong branch for servicing in case of hanky panky. Do not think that large dealers for prestigious continental cars will not have hanky panky. it happened to one of my cars. i called the mgr and was told it happens sometimes! i wrote in and they compensated me though i told them i had no intent to ask for any compensation.

So now, when i send car for servicing, i will tell them exactly what to do and i will request to be in the car for test drive. Reason is, a test drive can send the car to backlanes workshop to swoop parts or steal petrol. It happens and i know which are the ones.

I am not calculative if they steal some petrol or even pinch off my cash card or take some cash out of the coin box, but if they dare to swoop parts or damage my car through an external job, i will pursue the matter and make sure that bugger gets sacked.

So, its a matter of luck sometimes if you do not know much about cars. This is how much i will share here.

polll result is clear - only remove valuable items e.g. cashcards.

thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.