Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX Boy

Jan 11, 2004
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
Do you all use 3rd party lens?

And also wat is the reason behind it?

for most people theyre cheaper...
might not be L grade... but heck its the photographer not the equipment that really matters..

I use a fuji Film S5. Original lens would probably be considered to be Nikon lol. But i only have 3rd party lenses. Sold off all my nikon lenses. Have a tokina, tamron, voigtlander. Now left to get a sigma :)

Do you all use 3rd party lens?

And also wat is the reason behind it?

Cost is the main reason.

If you are the type who demand the best - and can afford it - then it be a Hobson's choice - pay 2-3X more for a slightly better image (technical images and "face" image)

Sometimes original lenses don't have the same range, for eg. Sigma 30mm f1.4, 150-500mm f6.3.

Even if there are, it will be more expensive.

I've use them (all Sigma). Main reason: cost.

I use the Tokina 11-16mm UWA, which beats Nikkor DX UWAs in reviews and in cost. Seems like too good a deal but so far I'm happy with the IQ and build quality of the Tokina. :)

I only have one Nikon len which is the 50mm f1.8 cos it is cheap and is one of the good ones in Nikon range. The rest of my collection are Tamrons & Tokina which are those that have received good reviews and worth getting.

Main reason: Go for good lens with reasonable pricing.

I own a Sigma 150 macro and a Tokina 11-16

mainly because nikon doesn't produce the lens to match their quality. Sigma 150 macro is arguably the best macro lens avaliable while the 11-16 is the best for DX format camera.

I use D90

I own a Sigma 150 macro and a Tokina 11-16

mainly because nikon doesn't produce the lens to match their quality. Sigma 150 macro is arguably the best macro lens avaliable while the 11-16 is the best for DX format camera.

I use D90

Are you sure Nikon lens lose to third party lens?

Nope, nikon lens are usually better, or far better than 3rd party lens. But once in a while, there will be some 3rd party lens which can be better than a nikon lens, in the same category that is.

U can't compare a tokina 11-16 with a Nikon 13mm f5.6. They're a totally different class altogether.

Yes i use 3rd party because i cannot afford your leica :)

Nope, nikon lens are usually better, or far better than 3rd party lens. But once in a while, there will be some 3rd party lens which can be better than a nikon lens, in the same category that is.

U can't compare a tokina 11-16 with a Nikon 13mm f5.6. They're a totally different class altogether.

oh dear oh dear oh dear...

oh dear oh dear oh dear...

Well yeah, bad comparison.

14-24mm f/2.8 AF-S would be a better comparison for different grade of lens. This nikon lens is way better than the tokina. But yeah i can't spend the high $$$ for this lens, so i'd spend less for a tokina instead of 12-24mm f/4 DX. It's about 300ish more expensive, but apparently doesn't perform as well as the tokina.

This is just my noobish opinion. Do share if you feel anything wrong with it.!~

Yes, because it is cheaper, give similar (not same) result to the OEM
Tamron 17-50 vs EFS17-55 / Nikon 17-55
Sigma 30 F1.4 vs EF35 F1.4L

half of my lenses are third party.. in fact, more than half...... because i am a poor student.

Why? Simply because money don't grow on trees. :bsmilie:

Actually, I get what ever is cheap. Of which 3 are really cheap but are orig nikons. the 50/1.8, the kit and the 55-200VR

But the kit is replaced by my Tamron 17-50. Kit stays in the dry cab all the time.

cost factor...
and the reason y i use the sigma 18-50 f/2.8 is because it can go marco...
kinda useful for food pic

Status
Not open for further replies.