Do i need to calibrate my LCD Tv screen?

kaixinxuan

Mar 27, 2012
Hi i am using mac mini for processing of my photos. The mac mini is connected to my lcd tv screen. In this case do i still need to calibrate? My understand is yes cos the calibration is actually on the graphic card in the mac machine. Correct me if my understand is wrong. Thanks so much.

The mac mini HDMI port supports up to 1920-by-1200 resolution so if you have a Full HD LCD then that's fine
The HDMI port on which the MAC MINI is connected on the TV, you need to set the Defaults to standard.
Most probably the mac mini should detect the TV model and then configure accordingly. if it doesn't then run the calibration wizard from your mac display preferences and follow on screen instructions

Hmm are you referring to calibration for colours/brightness for the screen? Depends on how accurate you need the colours to be. If need to be accurate every monitor needs to be calibrated + profiled ;) But most people's screens are not calibrated so if your output medium is mainly posting online so probably ok

Btw from what I know TVs are generally tuned to be bright and colours tend to be bluer, so accuracy even after calibration will not be as good as a PC monitor.

Hope this helps =)

Spyder4 by Datacolor has a TV calibration model. Check Cathay Photo in Peninsula Plaza.