Do filters need to be stored in dry cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do filters (such as the cokin filters) need to be stored in dry cabinet as well? My dry cabinet is full currently and due to space constrains, buying a second dry cabinet or a bigger one to replace the current one is not feasible. Just wondering if you guys store filters in dry cabinet? :dunno:

crazypaladin said:
Do filters (such as the cokin filters) need to be stored in dry cabinet as well? My dry cabinet is full currently and due to space constrains, buying a second dry cabinet or a bigger one to replace the current one is not feasible. Just wondering if you guys store filters in dry cabinet? :dunno:

Definitely! Especially for circular polarisers. Since there are 2 pieces of glass for cir pols, fungus may develop in between the glasses. I ALWAYS put them inside the dry cabinet.

Try selling off your smaller dry cabinet to pay for a new one? ;)

I guess as long as it's glass, you gotta store it inside.

Anyway, i just dump my whole bag in. ;p That's why always buy big enough ones, at least 45L.

crazypaladin said:
Hi,
I would recommend storing your filters inside your dry-cabinet. I store both my gel and Cokin filters inside my cabinet to prevent any kind of fungus growing on them. Afterall, they are not cheap as well so I feel putting them inside the dry-cabinet is the safest.

Come to think of it, all photographic accesories aren't cheap. I just chucked all of them inside my cabinet.

Cheers,
-Michelle- :D

crazypaladin said:

If space is not an issue, don;t see why not. But if it is, don;t think its really neccessary. Its glass and if there is not too much mositure in your room, think its okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.