Do check-in your camera?

Sorry for asking.

For those who went overseas with tripod, do you guys check in the tripod with the luggage or carry on?

Personally, I always place tripod in check-in luggage. Ipad, camera and lenses goes in the carry-on.

I check in the spare body and the film camera in luggage. The other one is carried-on

Ryan

If you fly Alitalia.

Please note.

19 Alitalia workers arrested in Rome for stealing luggage

Rome Alitalia baggage handlers arrested over thefts

The BBC TV news reported that if the luggage was well locked and the thieves were not able to open them to steal; they would damage the luggage as a retaliation.

I think our SATS in Changi Airport should install similar hidden CCTV surveillance inside the baggage handling area.

Last edited:
Nowadays. I like to board the plane with just my mobile phone.

I will check in both my laptop and DSLR. I make sure my laptop is kept inside a bubble wrap and my DSLR and lenses in pouches. If they go missing, I will make a police report and claim from insurance. Then will go buy new toys. :)

Sometimes it is a pain to go through those security checks with so many gears. Many people are flouting the rules and bring more than what they can carry on. Sometimes you don't have space if you board the aircraft late.

Nowadays. I like to board the plane with just my mobile phone.

I will check in both my laptop and DSLR. I make sure my laptop is kept inside a bubble wrap and my DSLR and lenses in pouches. If they go missing, I will make a police report and claim from insurance. Then will go buy new toys. :)

Sometimes it is a pain to go through those security checks with so many gears. Many people are flouting the rules and bring more than what they can carry on. Sometimes you don't have space if you board the aircraft late.

The insurance claim enough meh? Recall like 2k average only.