DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

The slower AF using TX was expected, no surprise to me. Okay for normal sporting events. But a bit slow for ultra fast moving objects.
Just wondering the extra boost of fps from using bat packs on higher end bodies would translate to extra power into the lens motor.
Good point about lack of fast moving objs maybe should reroute to it show for testing. Pan moving people lolz.
Kriegs - it is the lack of light in the AF system that cause the AF to fail (you need a sharp enough edge (or sharp contrasting pixel vales) to activate the AF system.. batt or fps dont improve it..

Depending on your settings, your FPS could be very, very low if AF is not tracked (i.e. you can set to a mode where it will shoot even if your AF is not tracked yet)

ultra fast-moving? You mean F1 cars? :)

I think they don't expect the camera's AF to keep up with the car's speed ba.
Someone once said that he pre-focused (yes... MF) to a spot on the track where he wants to photograph the car. Then track the movement and 'bam!' when the car is at the spot.
ZCA, I think you are SPOT-ON for that.. for the longer tele-lens, at least at the 500m or 600mm.. there are buttons on the lens where you can recall the previous focus distance/point using the "Focus Preset function"..

I was using AF for the Moto GP btw. Maybe the situation I was in allowed the AF to work well for me... other angles might have failed big time. The AF without TC is very fast for the bamboo - that's why some tack-sharp images. Will try the combo on MF one of these days. Maybe more effective than using AF...

Last edited:
I was using AF for the Moto GP btw. Maybe the situation I was in allowed the AF to work well for me... other angles might have failed big time. The AF without TC is very fast for the bamboo - that's why some tack-sharp images. Will try the combo on MF one of these days. Maybe more effective than using AF...

If subject is coming towards you, less work for panning, but I think AF cannot keep up.
If subject is moving across you, then AF move a bit only, but panning like siao! ;)

If subject is coming towards you, less work for panning, but I think AF cannot keep up.
If subject is moving across you, then AF move a bit only, but panning like siao! ;)

I don't mind panning like siao - exercise arm muscle... :bsmilie:... Must keep on practicing...

Dunno Chilicrab on for Sepang testing day or not? Lotsa interesting colours this year...

kriegs - try tracking a flying bird in a cluttered background.. you will understand what I mean.. the Motor GP in bright sunlight will help a lot.. :) just my two-cents comments.. What do I know.. LOL.. I dont even do F1 or Motor GP.. hehehheee...

kriegs - F1 car will be in Orchard sometime in Apr (today's paper).. you can have fun on that day :) )

kriegs - try tracking a flying bird in a cluttered background.. you will understand what I mean.. the Motor GP in bright sunlight will help a lot.. :) just my two-cents comments.. What do I know.. LOL.. I dont even do F1 or Motor GP.. hehehheee...

kriegs - F1 car will be in Orchard sometime in Apr (today's paper).. you can have fun on that day :) )

Different subjects different shooting conditions. No worries - I know nuts about shooting winged things (that includes airplanes). Wah... come to think about it - can pan that too (jets)!

Thanks for the tip, you mean static F1 display right?

I don't mind panning like siao - exercise arm muscle... :bsmilie:... Must keep on practicing...

Dunno Chilicrab on for Sepang testing day or not? Lotsa interesting colours this year...

But if talking about F1 car, I dunno if the human body can keep up with that sort of speed or not ;)
eg, if they pass you on the straight at Sepang, they must be doing something like 250+ km/h, which translates to almost 70m/s :bigeyes:
I know I definitely cannot keep up with that sort of velocity...

But if talking about F1 car, I dunno if the human body can keep up with that sort of speed or not ;)
eg, if they pass you on the straight at Sepang, they must be doing something like 250+ km/h, which translates to almost 70m/s :bigeyes:
I know I definitely cannot keep up with that sort of velocity...

Tried it with the MotoGP, especially on the straight - (track run in front of the pits)... Human body not impossible to keep up, but the AF most likely will fail... :bsmilie: They are ULTRA fast... If I'm not exagerating... it takes about roughly less than 2 seconds for the motobikes to past me from start of run to end of it - barely enough for me to squeeze in 4.5 fps... lolz... wanna throw away my monopod after that...

Last edited:
Tried it with the MotoGP, especially on the straight - (track run in front of the pits)... Human body not impossible to keep up, but the AF most likely will fail... :bsmilie: They are ULTRA fast... If I'm not exagerating... it takes about roughly less than 2 seconds for the motobikes to past me from start of run to end of it - barely enough for me to squeeze in 4.5 fps... lolz... wanna throw away my monopod after that...

hahaha yeah lor... that's why big headache hor? ;)

Poison poison poison....

New toy is very sharp!! ;)

5514434940_6844c77820_z.jpg

But body not very good... very noisy... I think I shot this at ISO 4000 or something.

Speaking of Sigma... Anyone uses an Alpha with Sigma lens, and timed their LE shots with Omega watch? Edit: Always uses Zeta filters for his lenses. Keeps a Mu as a handy PnS. Loves wearing a Kappa T-shirt.

Last edited: