DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
any suggestions for what I can do for more grip when setting up tripod on smooth surface (like waxy laminated flooring, or highly-polished marble)?

Was photographing my friend's flat interior on Saturday evening, and this was a slightly annoying occurence as I crouched in awkward angles to peer through the VF or LCD.

Don't your poddy come with rubber feet? Or still too slippery? How about getting slippers and then place your poddy on them? :bsmilie:

Wah... Feb 1st alredi! Okay, whose b'day is celebrated every leap year har? :bsmilie:

Don't your poddy come with rubber feet? Or still too slippery? How about getting slippers and then place your poddy on them? :bsmilie:
I think the rubber has hardened a bit liao. Still grips perfectly on slightly rough surface, eg. smooth concrete, granite, tarmac, etc. But that day I was crouched in an awkward position, so when I placed some of my body weight onto the tripod, could feel it 'budge'.

any suggestions for what I can do for more grip when setting up tripod on smooth surface (like waxy laminated flooring, or highly-polished marble)?

Was photographing my friend's flat interior on Saturday evening, and this was a slightly annoying occurence as I crouched in awkward angles to peer through the VF or LCD.

you been missing all the poison I have been trying to spread with my highly flawed salesmanship.:p
http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/dslr-camera-remote/
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-11133-11212
I wonder if these 2 system can be used together?

To all bros and sis here! happy new year. May you guys bless with best of health and plenty of wealth.

thanks thanks.. i only hit 3 no. for TOTO. sad sad..
the poison has cut you deep deep.
Maybe D700 replacement will have D3S' sensor and processing algorithms to achieve the same crazy-high ISO capability? :light:

awww.. i shall wait for tt to happen.. lolx

you been missing all the poison I have been trying to spread with my highly flawed salesmanship.:p
http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/dslr-camera-remote/
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-11133-11212
I wonder if these 2 system can be used together?
Oh my gawd....

~looks away~
I think I just go Jln Besar and buy new rubber 'soles' for my tripod can liao... :D
$5 still got change! :)

Oh my gawd....

~looks away~
I think I just go Jln Besar and buy new rubber 'soles' for my tripod can liao... :D
$5 still got change! :)

Now you are taking my keep only $10 in wallet to the next level. :sweatsm:

Just wondering, is there a way to make the rubber softer har? Rub some oil on it? Quick, use "hong you".... :bsmilie:

the poison has cut you deep deep.
Maybe D700 replacement will have D3S' sensor and processing algorithms to achieve the same crazy-high ISO capability? :light:

Well... given Nikon, I'll bet they will "cripple" certain features so that you still can't beat D3s/D4... Just like why D7000 still can't completely overtake D300s... even though lots of the features have already surpassed the latter... It boils down to the exact feature that you're targetting for...

Me... I think it's AF speed...

If D700 replacement gets the D3s AF speed and 9FPS... I might just be gamed... high ISO... secondary, as D700's ISO good enough already...

Alright peeps... heading out to Vivo again... lunch and mail run... seeya! I'll tune in with my Android... :bsmilie:

Alright peeps... heading out to Vivo again... lunch and mail run... seeya! I'll tune in with my Android... :bsmilie:
Kriegs ------- am I too late.. which Andriod phone?... me lookign at Andriods as well....

Kriegs ------- am I too late.. which Andriod phone?... me lookign at Andriods as well....

His is the Sony (somebody will really love him!) Ericsson Xperia dunno-what-model... :)

If D700 replacement gets the D3s AF speed and 9FPS... I might just be gamed... high ISO... secondary, as D700's ISO good enough already...

Only time will tell, hor?
I didn't know you were so demanding on your equipment...
D700 AF speed not fast enough... ? :sweat:
I mean... I'm sure it's not as fast as D3S... but not fast enough ? wow...

Just wondering, is there a way to make the rubber softer har? Rub some oil on it? Quick, use "hong you".... :bsmilie:
I doubt it... from what I've learnt (assuming I haven't returned all to teacher), rubber degrades in an irreversible manner.
It's a natural phenomenon that occurs to the fibres within the material.

His is the Sony (somebody will really love him!) Ericsson Xperia dunno-what-model... :)

:bsmilie: Bro... for hand phones, I don't mind SEs... I've been using Ericssons (and one Motorola) since the start of mobile phone era (moving away from beeper age).... nope...not those dai gor dai type.. Sony just made the deal sweater when they merged with Ericsson since I wanted to listen in on my fav radio station and fast trans music...

The thing I don't like my current Xperia x8 is the earphones that came with the package... they majorly SUCK!!! Totally cheapskate earphones... Now hunting for a reasonable set... I want my bass! :bsmilie:

ClemC...if you don't mind SE... I'd recommend Xperia x10... 4 inch screen, Honeycomb installed if I'm not wrong... The design is pretty sleek. In fact, when my wife's contract is due for renewal... I'll get her that phone with a bit of top-up.

Otherwise, you can ask Skylover or Quize... they are both on HTC... a bit pricey, but if you want the latest Android on your HP all the time, HTC is probably the way to go since they have been Android supporters.

Last edited:
Only time will tell, hor?
I didn't know you were so demanding on your equipment...
D700 AF speed not fast enough... ? :sweat:
I mean... I'm sure it's not as fast as D3S... but not fast enough ? wow...

Ok I'm just assuming on that part... So you're suggesting I get the D700 now (against the advice from DD and Akerue) and try it out for myself first?

Ok I'm just assuming on that part... So you're suggesting I get the D700 now (against the advice from DD and Akerue) and try it out for myself first?
Well, I do agree with their advice to wait, since D700 is pretty long in the tooth already. The price is getting damn attractive though. New set for less than the price of your bamboo :)
For me, I've tried it out hands-on, and the AF speed already more than I can ask for. But then again we have different expectation levels. I'm not intending (IF I get an FX cam) to use it for events or sports.
If D700 replacement comes out at high 3s, and D700 price drops some more... ;p

dont bother lah krig, u already know what u aiming for, so just wait it out, but in between u cld go rent the bodies to play arnd with, get a feel of what u going to invest in the near or far future

Any chance to meet up next week or week after for "lou Hei"?

Status
Not open for further replies.