DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, this thread got ugly real fast... who knew the s*ny guys were so...intense.. :angel:

wow, this thread got ugly real fast... who knew the s*ny guys were so...intense.. :angel:

Heck if I care. Lets discuss our usual topic... what's your next poison? :angel:

Have been meaning to ask... what do you use for your bamboo for? Wanna go find one day to shoot panning shots of cars? lolz

Last edited:
Heck if I care. Lets discuss our usual topic... what's your next poison? :angel:

Have been meaning to ask... what do you use for your bamboo for? Wanna go find one day to shoot panning shots of cars? lolz

usually for portraits. i shoot portraits more than landscape, which explains the lack of a dedicated wide-angle lens in my arsenal :bsmilie: now i can get the compression that was lacking in my 24-70, and the flattering perspective. i know, some will say the 50 or 85 is enough for portraits, but i'm not too skilled for primes yet :sweat:

not only portraits, though. i have shot the F1 race before with a rented VRI bamboo. that was when i got hooked to the long, fast zooms. ;)

usually for portraits. i shoot portraits more than landscape, which explains the lack of a dedicated wide-angle lens in my arsenal :bsmilie: now i can get the compression that was lacking in my 24-70, and the flattering perspective. i know, some will say the 50 or 85 is enough for portraits, but i'm not too skilled for primes yet :sweat:

not only portraits, though. i have shot the F1 race before with a rented VRI bamboo. that was when i got hooked to the long, fast zooms. ;)

So needless to say, next year's F1 event you're surely attending right? ;)

I think there is a need for UWAs... EVEN for F1.... If I'm on two bodies by next year, I'll still take my D90 along with the UWA and the other body with the bamboo...

Your 24-70 will surely come in handy for events. If I'm going to shoot drivers / personalities / etc... that will be a lens to have!

Last edited:
So needless to say, next year's F1 event you're surely attending right? ;)

I think there is a need for UWAs... EVEN for F1.... If I'm on two bodies by next year, I'll still take my D90 along with the UWA and the other body with the bamboo...

Your 24-70 will surely come in handy for events. If I'm going to shoot drivers / personalities / etc... that will be a lens to have!

Yup, i have yet to miss a singapore F1 race and i dont plan on doing so now that i got me a bamboo! ;)i guess i'll see you at the races then. if i can (beg, borrow, steal, but most probably) rent a 2nd body, it'l be the 24-70 and bamboo for my combo.

Agree, the 24-70 has been my workhorse lens for portraits, but its good to have the bamboo for the extra reach and compression sometimes. :heart:

Yup, i have yet to miss a singapore F1 race and i dont plan on doing so now that i got me a bamboo! ;)i guess i'll see you at the races then. if i can (beg, borrow, steal, but most probably) rent a 2nd body, it'l be the 24-70 and bamboo for my combo.

Agree, the 24-70 has been my workhorse lens for portraits, but its good to have the bamboo for the extra reach and compression sometimes. :heart:

Good combo! :) Yes, looks like there are more than a few of us here that's into F1 photography. I can't wait to shoot F1 next year! Plus whatever autosports that's coming for us... Formula drift will probably be the first.

24-70 will be on my list, but not top priority now... unless I can find my way into the paddock area... :angel: Otherwise, I'm in no big rush for that... Alternatively, I can always plug in my 60mm prime... which is within the 24-70 reach...

For the longer term... I don't even want to think of the poison now... :sweat:

Last edited:
Hehehe tks bro! :)
Wah a really really good price leh.
I'll give it a miss. Not eyeing this flavor of durian now, since I'll be getting it next month :)

Wah... can't wait to welcome you onboard the TT backpackers groupie!... :bsmilie: Juz joking about the groupie thingy... kekekek

Funny thread :)
Only can blame the TS for being so hostile and making personal attacks. If thin-skinned (like me) and cannot take criticism well, don't post photos la. Some more so hao lian with the "picture speaks for itself" comment :bsmilie:

We only got that "intense" because he attacked GENO without really knowing too much himself.

The backpack for me wat, not her :)
It doesn't concern her how heavy it is :)

My point is... if she can tahan the weight then you'll most likely see XMMs with the TT SW... if not, then the chances are less likely, or else we be talking about "BIG" xmms... :bsmilie:

My point is... if she can tahan the weight then you'll most likely see more XMMs with the TT SW... if not, then the chances are less likely, or else we be talking about "BIG" xmms... :bsmilie:

BMMs :think:

My point is... if she can tahan the weight then you'll most likely see XMMs with the TT SW... if not, then the chances are less likely, or else we be talking about "BIG" xmms... :bsmilie:
Oh ya hor... You have a point! :)
Hahaha darn. Guess there won't be a TT SW - XMM's outing in near future! ;)

AFS 70-200mm/2.8 VR1 - $1600, would Quiz be interested? instead of the 80-200mm?

Funny thread :)
Only can blame the TS for being so hostile and making personal attacks. If thin-skinned (like me) and cannot take criticism well, don't post photos la. Some more so hao lian with the "picture speaks for itself" comment :bsmilie:

TS got hostile after just a few honest critizisms. I didnt even feel that the critizisms early on were that harsh to warrant a personal attack. Them boys are so sensitive! :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.